MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Help filling out arsenal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm 

I have been part of the Motivnation since January when I got a SR2, and I love it. It is the best ball I have ever had, and I love the sound it makes as it hits the pins. I have now recently also gotten the Cruel C51, and I have to say, I love it even more. The ball is very strong, and it hits like a Mac Truck. I believe that with these two balls, I have a real good one two punch. I will use the Cruel for the first two games when the oil is the heaviest, and then switch to the SR2 for the 3rd game when the lanes are worn down. While practicing with both, I noticed that I could shoot an identical shot with the SR2 when the lanes are worn down, as I could with the Cruel when they were fresh.

I carry two other balls in my arsenal as well. An Angular One which I hardly use anymore, and a White Dot which I used to use for 10 pins, but have started using my first shot ball for that, so I no longer need it.

That being said, I would like to take my arsenal down to 3 balls, and replace the White Dot and Angular One. I want to do this with a Motiv to make my whole lineup completely Motiv. This is where I want your help, which ball should I get to fill out my arsenal? I am looking at either the Recon or a QZ1 as it would give me low end option. I would have the Cruel for heavy to medium oil, the SR2 for medium oil, and the Recon or QZ1 for medium to light oil. The whole spectrum.

What do you guys think?

TR2: 60x40@4 1/8" P3 hole. BS.
Primal TV4:
Cruel C51: 50x50@4.75" P3 hole. 800.
SR2: 45x45@4" No Hole. BS.
TX1: 75x50@4.5" No Hole. 800/Rough Buff.
Recon RX1: 75x35@4.5" P1 Hole. BS.

Post subject: Re: Help filling out arsenal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:50 pm 

I think your logic is sound. Maybe consider the QZ-1 Purple for a smoother move off the spot or Red for something more angular, but that's not something I can judge for you from Australia. I think you've got it pretty well worked out though.

Go forth and do some damage! ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]