MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Need some input...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:01 pm 

Hi folks. I'm new to the bowling world and just sort of getting into things. I have a few balls thus far. I have no idea how they are drilled up. My local prop shop has drilled them all up for me.

I currently have a TR2, SR2, and Cruel. I throw the ball with 2 fingers (I know I'm a horrible person). I have about 14-16 mph avg ball speed. Revs I'm not too sure but I'll assume they are up there since I don't use the thumb. My current league avg is 185. (I suck!!!) It'd be much better if I could pick up my spares. The 10 pin is evil!! :) My biggest issues seems to be spares. I don't know if I should pick up a plastic spare ball (thinking of a XXXL Starburst from Lane1) or a Recon. I'm just not sure which way to go. I don't think Motiv has a plastic ball coming out anytime soon so I don't know what would be best. Be nice to have all Motiv stuff but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and give your input!!!

Post subject: Re: Need some input...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:15 pm 

Anyone out there? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 pm 

I would consider the Recon myself. Ever try using your thumb in the ball for spares? I think you might be a little more accurate,..

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:35 pm 

The thumb does have the most control over the direction of the ball. If you can train to use the thumb for spares, a Recon would be a good choice. You would have a usable spare ball, as well as a ball to use in high friction situations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 am 

Well I bowled last week after picking up the Recon and did a lot better. I mostly used my SR2 since it was rolling great. Bowled a 200 , 190 , then the third game it all went to crap! lol I think I threw a 130.

The lanes where burned up and my balls where just hooking like crazy. Even the Recon box finish was all the way over to the left of the lane.

I'm not blaming the ball because I know there is something I could have done to eliminate the issues I was having in the third game. I just don't know what that solution was.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]