MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm 

All the staff decisions are made by the main office, your best bet is to submit a resume. I know they keep them on file.

My personal take on it is this:

The best way is to submit a resume, and get noticed. How to get noticed is up to you, but being known locally helps, being in or tied to a shop helps as well. Being tied to a shop isn't completely about selling balls. You are in a position where you have access to the latest information, and bowlers ask you for your help. Staffers that aren't tied to a shop do have an effect, but not nearly as great as someone working in a shop. You simply see more people in a wider range of positions in the bowling world. As important as your bowling prowess is your attitude and personality. You are the front line representative in your area for Motiv, anyone that could cast a negative reflection will not be considered, regardless of your bowling resume.

Again this is my personal take on it, and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Motiv.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:00 pm 

thats as good of a answer as you can get.... Couldnt have said anything better...good job .. Jim hud motiv staff member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:29 pm 

MotivNator wrote:
When becoming a Staffer for any bowling company, would I have to stop using my other brands and only roll I.e all Motiv Products?

Depends on the contract. With Motiv, there is full exclusive staff and the seed program. With full staff, you are obligated to only use Motiv products. Currently a polyester ball is the only exception, as there is not one made by Motiv. I believe with seed, you can use other brands, not 100% sure on that one.

MotivNator wrote:
What other details would I have to learn about to better assist someone who approaches me with questions on i.e Motiv Products or any other brand?

Drilling experience/knowledge helps alot. Understanding ball motion and tuning in order to make solid equipment recommendations is pretty important, and requires an advanced knowledge of the game and equipment.

MotivNator wrote:
Thank Justin and Jim!

No problem at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm 

What is the difference in full staff and seed staff?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]