MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Going to try.....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 pm 

...some surface changes and wanted some opinions on my ideas. Heres what I'm thinking of trying:

TR2: 360 abralon for when theres an absolute puddle. This probably won't get rolled much and will be very condition specific but will be great to have when needed.
Cruel: 1000 abralon
SR2: 2000 abralon with no polish
TZ3: 4000 abralon with no polish

Should have my spinner in the next week or 2. Let me hear your experiences.

Post subject: Re: Going to try.....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:01 pm 

I currently have my Cruel at 1000 abralon, and my SR2 at 2000 with no polish. I find for me,.... these surfaces work well, I get enough length and nice reaction without the polish on my SR2, and on my Cruel the 1000 grit surface gives me just a little more bite and the ball turns the corner with a little more authority than when its at 2000. Both balls just blow up the pins when they face up and hit the pocket.

You will enjoy your spinner when you get it. Having a spinner can really increase your options, and its fun tinkering with different surface adjustments.

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 pm 

I concur w/the surface changes you made on the Cruel & SR2. I made similar changes & really love the reaction I get from them. Both balls read the mids better for me & mad a stronger move off the pattern after I hit them w/the Motiv Scuff. Sweep product just for this purpose.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:45 am 

The only one that looks like it may be trouble is the 360 Abralon TR2. Depending on layout and exactly how much of a puddle you have, there is a chance it may not carry. 500 Abralon may be more advisable. Again this is contingent on layout and just how deep of a puddle you are on.

Everything else looks good, and are common choices. The SR2 responds unusually well to surface adjustments.

When you start adjusting surfaces on your new spinner, don't forget to consider the direction that you sand. You may find it easier to get away with the 360 cut on the TR2 if you keep the sand lines parallel to your track.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]