MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Cruel surface adjustment recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:28 pm 

I have a Cruel, and for the most part I really like it. But on occasion I have trouble getting it to turn, even playing outside. I currently have it at 1000 wet sand Abralon. Is it recommended that I take it down more ..say 800 scotch brite grey pad, or even 600 green pad?

Also how much difference is expected when sanding with the track as opposed to sanding against it?

Thanks in advance.
I really like my SR2 and want to get the same performance from my Cruel.

Also I have used the Motiv gel scuff on both balls. Great product!

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

Post subject: Re: Cruel surface adjustment recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm 

Which direction to take it is dependent on wether the ball is burning up and not finishing, or not getting enough traction. Based on how strong the Cruel is, I would guess taking it up to 2k Abralon would get you the desired finish. The only counter to this is if you are on a flood. You could also go to 500 Abralon with Power Gel Polish over it to help clear the fronts.

Sanding with the track affords length and late friction, sanding against the track affords early friction. On the Cruel with 500 Abralon, you will most likely end up with a breakpoint that is a couple of feet closer to you with sanding against the track, and 2 or 3 boards more on the back with parallel sanding. These are rough approximations, but should be close to the results you see.

The fact that the TR2 is out hooking the Cruel would tend to indicate that the Cruel is loosing energy too fast, and would indicate less surface is needed. But, experiment a bit with sanding direction and surface to tune the reaction. Surface unfortunately isn't an exact science yet.

Post subject: Re: Cruel surface adjustment recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 pm 

Thanks Justin! I know its a hard question to answer without seeing me actually bowl.

After I made the initial post, I called my coach who is also an ex womens WPBA Queens champion and she also drills all my equipment. She has seen me bowl, knows my ball speed etc. and she told me to give 500 abralon a try. So thats what I'm about to do, throw it on the spinner and get it down to 500 ( bow tie) since I bowl tonight I'll be able to test it out right away.

By the way ,..she told me she drilled a Cruel up for herself recently and loves the ball. "Quite happy" were her exact words, shot over 730 I believe.

I'll let you know how 500 works for me.

Thanks again

Motiv Cruel
Motiv SR2
Motiv Silver Recon
Motiv Raptor

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]