MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: carry down?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:13 am 

Friday I experienced poor carry with my sr2 the first game and a half. I moved all around trying to carry, and before I switched balls, I noticed I had ended up back where I started, after all of the moving around. By the middle of the 2nd game, usually I'm left of original target. So, I think the lanes were carrying down rather than breaking down. This seems to happen a lot in this house.
sr2 - 190, 195
Virtual Gravity :( - 243
Total 628. Ho hum. Clean night though except for 3 splits!

I'd like to get a Cruel to replace my virtual gravity, but for now the Sr2 is my only motiv ball. Sorry, broke most of the time. Bloodsucking family.

Any suggestions on how to attack em when this happens?
(The lanes, not my family.)

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post subject: Re: carry down?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 pm 

Your plan of attack should be determined by what kind of poor carry you are seeing.

What surfaces do you currently have on your SR2 and VG?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 am 

The shot: Pretty typical House Shot. Drier outsides, wetter middles... good heads, stripped back ends. Synthetic Lanes.

I'm a 17-18 mph bowler, I don't know the other fancy stats. Axis tilt, revs, all that. People call me a cranker, but I don't buy it. I consider myself a tweener.

The sr2: box finish, untouched. (but cleaned)
The VG: box finish, cleaned.

Like I said, this doesn't happen every week. Typically it breaks down and I move left all night, keeping up with the breakdown isn't too challenging most of the time. Sometimes, though, it seems different, carry is bad (10 pins, pocket 7-10's), and I'm moving right at times to get a better shot.

I'm thinking I might want to put a 1000 abralon finish on the sr2, and just play left of everyone. Get in left, and have room to swing right. When I can get the Cruel drilled up I'll put the sr2 back to shiny. Any thoughts?

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 am 

On synthetics you often will find a move right appropriate before the hole is burned. One there is a spot to hit then you head left. This time of year remember with humidity and temperature changes that the oil patterns won't be consistent from week to week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 pm 

Good point, Justin. We sort of went from highs of 90 deg. to highs of 55 deg. within a week here in Cincinnati. That WILL mess with your shots a little.
Friday was quite different. They were dry in practice and the Sr2 was actually too much for them. Pulled out my old Storm Ace (most honor scores with that ball) and bowled a rather consistent 651. Didn't have to move much throughout the night, just kept it close with speed changes. The whole house was complaining about the shot. I love it when the shot's a little harder, because most people can't adjust, and my team handles it pretty well.

Isn't Obama going to approve a bowling ball assistance plan for bowlers like me? I want my Motivs!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]