MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Going to switch...MAYBE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:03 am 

I switched this year also. I'm glad I did I currently have a TR2, TZ3, and a Recon. I'm going to be buying a Cruel next. Good luck on the TZ3 they are getting harder to find. There is a used one on ballreviews right now. I get a better roll with Motiv and better carry. Motiv makes some awsome products. The Recon is stronger then you would expect but is very controllable. Good luck in your new adventure with Motiv.

TZ3
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am 

For someone new to Motiv, the SR2/RX1/C51 combo is a great way to start out. Drill the SR2 first and then set up the other 2 to compliment it.

You will notice more control, more consistent read, increased hitting power and carry, less balls that you have to buy to stay current, and better customer service.

TZ3 are near impossible to find now unless you know someone overseas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:55 pm 

Just FYI, I know there are at least over 5 new TZ-3 in HK located in few different pro-shop...Good luck...

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm 

There are a few left here in Canada, weights 14-15

Yanick Miller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:27 pm 

Funny thing, look up motiv bowling on ebay, almost nothing used, maybe a handfull everynow and then.... What does that say..... Now look up storm...... ;)

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:23 pm 

Now, Captnmike, to be fair:
Storm has been around a lot longer than the Motiv brand. Plus, many of the NIB Storm balls are either pro shops burning off excess inventory ( I have 2 NIB 15# Invasions that I doubt I'll move, but I'm not putting on eBay because they only fetch an average of $95 or so), and a lot of those are older stuff, or the balls that aren't hot right now. I check 2 to 3 times per week, searching for "Storm bowling, 15" a lot. Secondly, many of the used Storm balls are being sold by folks who, unfortunately, are injured and have to change weights, or who are quitting bowling all together.
Motiv folks are still quite engaged, and the pro shops that offer Motiv stuff are quite passionate about the brand and make sure their customer is happy with their equipment, so used stuff probably doesn't get a chance to languish much.
I don't mean to sound defensive, as a Storm fan, but rather, I typed this with a smile on my face. Besides, if you think Storm is bad, search for Ebonite, Hammer or Brunswick. Those are some numbers. It's not just any company who can introduce a ball in January, just to turn around and sell all of their stock to a distributor for less than wholesale (cough*cough*brunswick*cough)...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 am 

I know it was a bit lopsided...HAHA... However I know motiv has a ton of balls out now, but not many used ones seem to make it to ebay.

kinda frusterating if your looking for one.

Motiv also dosn't slap every new cover they come out with on every core they have to sell more balls.

I hear ya on the other brands. We have two Ebonite brands staff members (not saying what brands b/c I don't want them to get in hot water) on my PBA league, and they both threw my Boomer RX1 and loved the reaction. They haven't been super happy with the last two years but since they are heavy on the ebonite brands they almost never sell motiv balls in the shops. That's where I come in.

That being said I have respect for every brand out except one.... Not naming any names, but I think most of you know what brand....

It was just propaganda, I didn't mean to offend ;)

I know you will love the Motiv line, it keeps getting better and better as the company evolves, and I hope to be with them under contract in the future, Motiv is all I use now anyway.

Good luck and good bowling (they both go hand in hand)

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:08 am 

Cool, no offense taken. I know from a pro-shop side, it has been a couple of pretty tough years sales-wise. Storm/Roto helped pull us out of the doldrums by boosting sales, so they have a special place in my heart. That doesn't change the fact that Motiv has started to enthrall me and a couple of my close bowling pals with the performance of the limited pieces of equipment we've tried. Each time we try something different, its like "this is sick; this is unbelievable", etc. RX-1 is next on our agenda.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 am 

the way Motiv was started and the fact that it is American owned and American made is what created my intrigue into the company.

The killer neo-mark graphics and the overall finished product is such a touch above the rest... then when you actually get to the privilege of throwing the product, then there is no question!

I drilled the SR2 and went out and shot 290 with it... I will enjoy the nice plaque for it, but I really enjoyed the numerous times I got to answer one question... "Ron, what are you throwing?".

I have been very vocal of my satisfaction with Motiv and look forward to have more to say when my C51 and Recon are done next week!

Switch! The consistent reaction, finish, and scores will be all you need to backup your decision.

Motiv ITB: C51(@500), Recon RX-1Pumpkin(2000)
Primal TV4 on release! Just waiting for it to come in!
also ITB: Mission, Track 300c, 900Global Link s30, Blue Ice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:13 am 

The thing that impresses me the most, is the sheer passion of the people behind Motiv. it is their absolute charge to make the best quality bowling balls they possibly can, and they are happy to be doing it. Having been around the other companies, everyone else seems so jaded, compared to the excitement seeping from the Motiv camp.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]