MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Jumping Ship?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:47 am 

OK, so I'm a self-described Storm fanatic. I've never really been super stuck to one ball company, however, after three of the best seasons of my career (including a 300 at state tournament in 2009), i've really staked my bowling banner to Storm. HOWEVER, I'm now in possession of a C51, a TR2 and just today, drilled a QZ1r that I got off of eBay for $40 (a steal). Holy buckets, what a 3 ball arsenal. Storm covers may be more aggressive, but that's not always a good thing. The Motiv stuff rolls so true, and HITS! I was a soft 10 away from 800 last week (252, 255, 280, 787), throwing the Cruel all night. After hitting my TR2 with 4000k abralon, I have an awesome 1st/2nd game ball. The QZ1 has a 5" pin, placed under the fingers on the CoG line, with a 60* drill angle, and now I have a game 3 ball. Bowling tonight after the 5 person ladies league, I literally had every line from 11 to 5 (left of 11 was pretty torched) to 4th arrow to 10. Unreal! This probably isn't news to anyone of the Motiv faithful, but I'm just saying my interest is more than just a passing fancy.

Post subject: Re: Jumping Ship?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 am 

I strongly believe that Motiv has the most complete set of equipment for scoring in the industry. The balls fit together, carry better, and overall perform better than any other ball I have used.

They are more than simply balls, I really stand behind the fact that they are the best tools available for knocking down more pins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 am 

I will also agree with Justin but he did forget to mention that MOTIV is completly different from any other ball out there,,, Motiv balls DO NOT soak up the oil anywhere near as much as the rest of the other brands and thats also a huge selling point. I cant wait for more releases and hopefully we get more bags out as well to hold all of the equipment... thanks for the text back today on the new ball Justin i will call you later or shoot you a text

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 pm 

plamormick wrote:
This probably isn't news to anyone of the Motiv faithful, but I'm just saying my interest is more than just a passing fancy.

Well said and I absolutely second that!

Motiv ITB: C51(@500), Recon RX-1Pumpkin(2000)
Primal TV4 on release! Just waiting for it to come in!
also ITB: Mission, Track 300c, 900Global Link s30, Blue Ice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:21 am 

motiv2430 wrote:
I will also agree with Justin but he did forget to mention that MOTIV is completly different from any other ball out there,,, Motiv balls DO NOT soak up the oil anywhere near as much as the rest of the other brands and thats also a huge selling point.

The X cover is indeed a low absorption formula, but not the others. This is the difference:

The quality of the resin allows a longer lifespan due to the lack of extenders and other inert chemicals intended to increase the number of balls made from a batch of resin. Motiv balls will still saturate eventually, but they have no "engineered lifespan" like some of the other companies. Not only will they resume full performance after extraction, but will go longer between extractions. This also completely depends upon your lane play, execution, and playing environment. Someone like me that plays the middle of the lane and flares the ball all the way around will saturate a ball faster than someone with little hand playing up the friction. These variables are rarely accounted for when speaking of ball death.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]