MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: As the arsenal grows.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:09 pm 

Okay I have some new additions to the arsenal. I already have the TR2, TZ3, and Recon I just bought a Cruel and have a QZ2 on the way going with a pin down on the QZ2. I can't wait I'm MOTIVated are U?

TZ3
Primal Scream

Post subject: Re: As the arsenal grows.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 pm 

Ok used the Cruel tonite for the first time with no practice shot a 600 series nothing to brag about but I'm liking what I see. I stayed with the Cruel too long tonite should've switched to the Recon sooner. I can already see this is going to be a great piece.

TZ3
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:05 am 

I have a C51, a TR2 and a QZ1r. I am struggling with my TR2, finding the right spot on lane and during the night to throw it. I have it drilled with a 6" pin, which places it above my middle finger, with the m/b spot 1" right of my thumb. I have a Hyroad and a Reign with this drilling, and they roll great. I just can't seem to find the right surface for it. I first took it to 4000 abralon, then added some polish. That resulted in back-to-back pocket 7-10s during game 2. Yech. QZ1 saved me though. Do I need a SR2?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 am 

I have 2 x TR2 one of them I have almost the exact same layout as you described...I have tried many different surface adjustments before but found it rolled best with the OOB 800 wet sand surface...

In some tough patterns when the lane breaks down my 4-1/2" pin TR-2 started to hook too early then I just switch to this 6" pin TR-2...I found it the key to play this layout is accuracy keeping the line smooth & straight (more direct to the pocket)between the oil & the breakpoint & don't expect for an angular backend...You will then see the power of it...

For SR-2...This is a monster it skids good with a super angular backend...It match quite well with TZ-3 as my benchmark balls...

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

plamormick wrote:
I have a C51, a TR2 and a QZ1r. I am struggling with my TR2, finding the right spot on lane and during the night to throw it. I have it drilled with a 6" pin, which places it above my middle finger, with the m/b spot 1" right of my thumb. I have a Hyroad and a Reign with this drilling, and they roll great. I just can't seem to find the right surface for it. I first took it to 4000 abralon, then added some polish. That resulted in back-to-back pocket 7-10s during game 2. Yech. QZ1 saved me though. Do I need a SR2?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am 

Well, I sometimes definitely see the need to have a straighter trajectory, but then I get pinched-- i have to take too much hand out of the ball to keep her on line, loosing carry (the 7-10s are are results of that). We have Laneshield for a surface, so there is lots of hook on the back end, and game 2 this season has proven to be quite a nemesis. For example, our team last week shot 1087 game one, 886 game 2 and then 1094 game 3. Once the friction (track area) is well established by the end of game 2, the lanes become dead easy. Game 2, when the line from game 1 is too early, but the well defined track doesn't exist yet, seems to be the test for everyone. One would think a constant energy bleeding ball like the Thrust core would be just the ticket, but I experience over/under too much. Maybe the skid/snap reaction of the SR2 would be the ticket. Or, maybe a stronger drill in a QZ1 purple... will keep experimenting until I get it figured out.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]