MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: New TR2 Tracks over fingers Not Happy :(
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:21 pm 

Question, I bought the TR2, and requested stacked leverage, I am a stroker bowler, I usually go pin High, I just bought this ball, dropping 179.00 for it, drilling included, I have the ball tracking over the fingers, I am not happy with it, My driller suggested the pin below the fingers, I thought what the hell he drills balls for a living, and not seeing me throw 1 ball, and asking me do I trust him? I didn't want to insult him, so I thought what the heck, I knew I wanted pin over finger, but he talked me out of it, the driller has since plugged one finger and moved to stacked drilling trying to make the ball right, but pin still below the finger,and even with this change still tracking over my finger holes, I have a total NV and a Yeah Baby drilled pin high and they don't track over finger, I wanted a stronger drill, but I let my driller talk me out of what I wanted. Am I stuck with this bad drill, and a brand new ball for 179 being plugged, or is there something that Motiv can do for me? I get I am partially responsible for this, My driller is patient and wants me to be happy with this ball, but should my driller eat the cost, for the bad drilling advice? I want to be Movtivated, but this new ball is sitting in my closet, and doing me no good. My Total NV and Yeah baby have better reaction.
Please let me know your thoughts. thanks Pin :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: New TR2 Tracks over fingers Not Happy :(
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm 

I dont know if your driller checked the weights in the ball but sometimes an axis hole will help bring the bowtie off the fingers.And it may help with the ball reaction.Usually pin above the fingers will give you length and pin below willl make the ball wanna hook earlier but really shouldn't make you roll the fingers.One thing i've seen is motive balls seem to take a hole better by the thumb.If your ball had excessive top weight ,your driller could drill the finger holes deeper to remove the extra top weight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:12 pm 

With high trackers you have to be careful to keep the pin "flare safe" as the bowtie becomes too low and as the ball flares it does so over the fingers. A well placed hole *may* do it.

This is a sticky situation, as there is no defect in the ball so no recourse for Motiv. This hopefully doesn't impact your view of the balls, but your good standing with the shop that drilled your ball.

What city are you located in?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 am 

Location Stockton Ca, I have a weight hole on the side, The driller is also puzzled as to why it tracks over my fingers, he has been accomodating, he as tried to add weight to finger, and added to balance hole, and the ball tracked higher, Driller is a good guy, he plugged the right ring finger hole to make it a stacked leverage, at my request, but still tracks over fingers, for me the ball is not aggressive enough. Maybe it's me, I was looking for a heavy back end reaction but I'm getting an arcing motion, even on a THS, the ball sometimes doesn't recover, I am a 15 mph Stroker, low rev bowler, down and in bowler, standing at 20 and rolling over 8, I was looking for extra help with the TR2. I took down to 500 to get more bite, but still not enough, Thanks for your replies, I really want to be happy with this ball, and My driller wants me to be happy with it also. thx Pin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm 

i dont track over the fingers, YET. I come pretty damn close. I dont have faith in my driller at all. former pba member but has gone nowhere but down hill with life. misdrilled 2 balls and i refuse to go to him. but if you put a weight hole, wont it change the reaction of the ball? id love to push the flare lines away from my fingers just to keep me happy, literally half an inch away from fingers..but i dont wanna change the reaction im getting.

House Hack Motiv Staff =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 pm 

It sounds as if your pin is too low; as the ball flares, those flare lines start to travel over your middle finger hole. In order to fix it, it might be necessary to plug and redrill the ball such that a line connecting your PAP and the pin would travel within 1/4" of the center of the middle finger hole, keeping the 'bow tie' directly adjacent to your finger hole. If you're track is that high (close to your grip), or your track is inverted (closer to the fingers than to the thumb hole), I'm surprised you haven't encountered this problem before.

Hope this helps-- talk to your local guy and get his thoughts about this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:34 pm 

i had this prob prior with a non motiv ball. and i was using my favorite layout i always use and it did this. i have a high track as it is. the problem was the thumb pitch, it was off. check your thumb pitch and your finger pitches. your thumb maybe be drilled slightly off from the rest. just my idea, worth a check. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:23 pm 

Hey Pinbasher my name is David Goodwin what center do you bowl out of in Stockton? Not West Lane is it? Just curious i have a couple balls pin under and pin above and never had this problem with any of my motiv equipment and i have them all and love them to death. I had this problem with my cell and thats only beacuse the guy i had drill it messed up my thumb pitch so its possible your driller did the same thing. Look forward to hearing from you let me know if you do bowl at West lane you may know my Dad

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]