It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: QZ2 Video!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:46 am 

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR1Fcm-BkBA

Post subject: Re: QZ2 Video!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 am 

Looks great! Thoughts of the 70x40x2" ball ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:07 am 

Awesome. Boy, you sure rip the cover off of the ball!

Do you throw 14# equipment? The pics with the 3 ball boxes on the previous post had some 14# stuff- i didn't know if they were yours. If so, your stuff sure doesn't hit like 14# stuff!

Can you tell me more about the 70* by 35* by 5.25"-- I would have expected a more pronounced change in direction at the breakpoint, but it seems the calmest of all.

If I wanted to make a QZ angular, is it possible? I have a QZ1r right now with a 5.5" pin (under the fingers, in the cog line), cg kicked right of my middle finger (near a 45 to 50* angle), and it's shape is very ROUND off of the breakpoint- i've never had a more arcing ball off the spot. Strong, but I prefer angular (like a Reign). What would you recommend?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:30 am 

I have thrown 14s for 5 years now. If I throw a 15lb ball for less than a game, I can't pick up a ball for several days. My wrist, elbow, and shoulder all complain.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:36 am 

Yes, you can get a Qz ball to be angular! I've got a QZ1red with a 5 5/8 pin which put it roughly 1 1/2 in above my middle finger, and the cg on the grip line between the center of grip and the fingers. This ball can be pretty angular! This layout stores a lot of energy for the backend and doesn't 'over flare' on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKsg63JGrNs

check out the above mentioned QZ1red in this video, also in the video is a QZ1purple with a 4in pin that is much smoother, but overall stronger than the red one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 am 

plamormick wrote:
Can you tell me more about the 70* by 35* by 5.25"-- I would have expected a more pronounced change in direction at the breakpoint, but it seems the calmest of all.

If I wanted to make a QZ angular, is it possible? I have a QZ1r right now with a 5.5" pin (under the fingers, in the cog line), cg kicked right of my middle finger (near a 45 to 50* angle), and it's shape is very ROUND off of the breakpoint- i've never had a more arcing ball off the spot. Strong, but I prefer angular (like a Reign). What would you recommend?

The QZ1R I have at 75x35@5.5" is unbelievably strong off the spot. I threw it a couple of shots to compare to the QZ2, and the motion is similar but the QZ1R hooks at least 8 boards more. I attribute this mainly to surface and the slight tweak of the pin position. A bit more flare makes the QZ2 a tick earlier and smoother.

It is the only one of the 3 that still has the factory surface on it. Simply hitting the others by hand with a 4k Abralon pad made a significant difference in the overall reaction.

I'm not the only one that has seen the QZ1R to be a monster on the back with a long pin placement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:43 pm 

[quote="joshs"]Yes, you can get a Qz ball to be angular! I've got a QZ1red with a 5 5/8 pin which put it roughly 1 1/2 in above my middle finger, and the cg on the grip line between the center of grip and the fingers. This ball can be pretty angular! This layout stores a lot of energy for the backend and doesn't 'over flare' on me.

*after watching video*
This is a pretty similar reaction compared to what I'm seeing. That is a very angular reaction, especially considering the fact your on Anvilane. It still looks pretty round, though. I guess i'm not complaining, because i've shot some pretty good games with it, especially during game 2. It's not strong enough for my fresh house shot, but is too much when the track is 7 to 8 boards wide in game 3 (during our 5 person leagues). My QZ1r is the cat's meow on our 4 person pattern. I think I still prefer the Reign for a little choppier patterns-- length with very angular move off the spot.

It sounds like the boys and girls in Michigan are working on an angular shape for the Motiv arsenal; but it won't get here quick enough for me!

I think i'm going to punch up a QZ2 at some point with a 5.75" pin and put the *assumed* mass bias spot very close to my thumb to produce a long/strong reaction. I'll fill y'all in once that comes to pass.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:47 pm 

it's all going to depend on how the ball is drilled

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 pm 

Why didn't the cash register dance make the final cut? haha :P

TR2: 60x40@4 1/8" P3 hole. BS.
Primal TV4:
Cruel C51: 50x50@4.75" P3 hole. 800.
SR2: 45x45@4" No Hole. BS.
TX1: 75x50@4.5" No Hole. 800/Rough Buff.
Recon RX1: 75x35@4.5" P1 Hole. BS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 pm 

I almost gave up on my QZ1 Red while back but I found that I can play it at different angles to get that angular motion I need depending on the condition. Wanted to change the surface to 2000 or 4000 with polish to get more length without losing the backend reaction, so I haven't messed with it. But that QZ2 does look nice, I wouldn't mind trying the 1st ball on the video with the pin down.

-The Arsenal-
505T, Sigma Hybrid, GT1, QZ2 Backdraft, 505C, RX1 Recon Silver

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]