MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW MOTIV RECON RX1!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 am 

December 10th.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:24 pm 

I'm starting to become a bit confused on the naming as well.

The QZ2 should be a QZ1 black/blue (everything about the ball is the same except the color, and surface prep). If that is how they are doing it now then the QZ1 red should be a QZ2 (different color and surface prep), and the QZ2 should be a QZ3.

The RX1 silver pearl, should be RX2 silver pearl (same cover but with a pearl tweek) and the second use of the core in a slightly different cover.

Must be a good reasion, but now how do I explane to my customers how to tell the difference, " The QZ2 is the same as a QZ1 but it's 4000 grit polished and black and blue. " :?

IDK, they are great don't get me wrong, but it's just confusing me now.

Mike

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:37 pm 

The box Ra measurements of the Silver and Orange are equivalent, so they will perform the same.

The bright Orange was very polarizing. Seeing as the recon is the entry level price point, in this tier color choice is very important.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 pm 

So same as a polished RX-1 then correct?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm 

Hey Justin,"polarizing" is a bit of an understatement LOL. I think it's great we will have more choices in color with the same lines as not everyone would want to buy a bright orange,red blk/blue purple etc.etc. I've noticed that Motiv balls are looking much better color wise and logo's and feel if I'm going to buy a new ball I want to like the way it looks as well as it performs.I plan on a new RX1 silver very soon,hope it's the same silver as in the QZ2 Logo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am 

Fair enouph, but if the out of box RA value on the QZ line is the same then they should all be QZ1s.... If that's the line of thinking.

I understand all the rationalization behind the QZ2 that everyone has given me, but it just dosn't make practical sense. B/C then the same rationalization would apply to the RX1 silver as well, but low and behold it's still an RX1

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start an argument I don't want anyone to think that. I'm just puzzled.

Motiv = great company, and Awsome equipment !!!!!!

Mike

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:30 am 

I'm with Mike on this one. Let's pick a convention, and then stick to it. Marketing shouldn't run the whole F'n world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 am 

Silver balls are cool looking. That's all that matters. I didn't get the recon yet, so I'm happy to buy this ball when it comes out, rather than getting the orange one.

Personally, I've always been annoyed when things are named with letter/number combos, i.e. dirtbikes, quads, motorcycles...

I was refreshed when Motiv started naming the last few balls that came out, like Cruel and Recon. As far as I'm concerned, this is the Recon Pearl.

The general bowling public likes bowling balls with cool names. There's your marketing.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:36 am 

Well considering this is still a single color, RX1 would still fit. If it was Black and Silver pearl then maybe I could see an RX2 rename.

The QZ1 is a single color, the QZ2 is a 2 color ball.

Makes sense to me. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:39 am 

One thing I hope is that if it is a pearl, I hope it's a few boards weaker. If there has been one thing I can take away from drilling bowling balls it this "you can't overcome a balls cover with a drilling". No matter what you do 6 1/2 inch pin to pap or right on the pap, the cover is still the dominant factor. The x cover is still a strong cover, even though the recon core is weak, and helps get the ball down the lane, when the cover hits the dirt it still reads the friction quick (yes even with polish). Yep I'm jumping back on the horse again, and saying we need a urethane and or plastic cover on the recon or Quadfire core!!! You will never be able to make a reactive cover act like a urethane, the closest I've ever been to that was a purple rhino pro with a 6 inch pin to pap. The low RG core helped the ball roll, not jump, and the LIGHT resin load in the cover helped the ball get length but not over react. Drill it strong and it was a peach for strokers, drill it weak 5-6 inches from pap and it was a rev dominant dream for light oil. The ONLY B ball I ever liked.

So how about it Scott, make a purple Recon RX1 Light resin load ball and slap Brunswick back in the face... :lol: Even make the recon lable green... I can hear it now "is that an old purple rhino pro, nope this is made in AMERICA!!!" Also make a plastic version and call it a Recon Target....hahahahaha

Ahh its late and I'm cracking myself up.

Mike

P.S. The silver looks sweet and more customer friendly. Looking forward to drilling a few up.

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]