MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 3-Ball Motiv Arsenal - First Impressions
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:58 pm 

Greetings MOTIVNATION,
I've written here on occasion about my first two Motiv balls, the TZ3 and GT1, and as of Monday I am the proud owner of an SR2, which completes my Motiv arsenal (at least for now).
And after throwing all three balls I can say that I'm even happier I made the move to Motiv.
Just a short recap then of all three balls (since I'm a bit old school there are no dual angle numbers here):
I'm lefthanded, medium speed, slightly rev dominant. All balls started at 14.3 lbs, pins 3"-4", TW between 2.7 and 3.0.
TZ3: 5x5, pin up over center of bridge, no hole. Knocked polish off a bit with used 4000 abralon pad.
GT1: 4x4, pin down, P3 hole, OOB.
SR2: 4.5x5, pin just to the left of ring finger, no hole, OOB.
What a great combo. Have used GT1 as benchmark, can now choose between the other two depending on lane conditions.
TZ3 has excellent length and a massive turn off the dry.
GT1 has an arc-type roll with a nice little snap into the pocket. I think I will hit it with 1000 or 2000 abralon to give me a more reaction on medium to medium-heavy conditions.
SR2 has an even arc-type roll with excellent continuation without skid/flip. I think it will be a great weapon on medium/lighter conditions.
SInce I'm currently one of only two bowlers using Motiv in my area, the balls have generated quite a bit of interest, not the least because they look great, particularly when rolling down the lane.
I'd like to thank Justin again for all his advice and I truely look forward to my next Motiv ball (probably a QZ2 or new Recon RX1 silver).
And I've said it before, but I'm sure glad to be part of the MOTIVNATION.
Rock 'n' bowl to all.
Glidemeister

Post subject: Re: 3-Ball Motiv Arsenal - First Impressions
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 am 

Nice! Glad you like what you have picked up! There is always room for another Motiv ball in our bags.

Gt1 - 1-300 1-289 1-287 1-280 5-279
Rx1(Orange)
Sr2 - 1-290 1-279
Tv4 added!50x45@4.75" - 1-289 2-279
Venom Toxin MOtion hole 1-276 1-300(p)
4 - 300's 1 practice
high series 791-796-785-824

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:49 pm 

Glad to have you aboard.
That's a real nice start on your MOTIV equipment. I have always said this is the easiest equipment to make cover adjustments on. I have one of my SR2's at 4000 polish with a real strong layout. If you start to encounter heavier oil conditions, the TR2 and the Cruel are great choices, if you encounter more friction the RX1 and the QZ2 are really awesome balls. everything hits harder than any equipment I have ever used. It's just not fair, but it is a ton of fun.
I was practicing last week with my RX1 and a lady next to me said, " it's amazing how good you are with a house ball". She later called and booked lessons and purchased an RX1.
Welcome to MOTIV, enjoy!

David
Bowlers Design Pro Shop
Reno, Nv.
PBA Member
USBC Certified Coach
Member MOTIV Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am 

Thanks dj and David,
Indeed nice to be part of the Motiv family. Haven't been this excited about new equipment for a long, long time. And I will admit that there is something to throwing equipment no one else has (admittedly a bit unfortunate for Motiv, but hopefuilly that will change very soon!). I'm certainly promoting Motiv wherever I can.
Thanks, too, David for your ball suggestions. They match what I had in mind perfectly. As soon as the piggy bank is fat enough, it's off to pro shop land.
However, equally high on my list are new Motiv bags and shirts. I think the piggy bank has some serious feeding ahead of it!
Thanks again guys.
Glidemeister

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]