MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: What is up with all these honor scores?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:49 am 

I see a trend here, 800s here there and everywhere, 300s too. Is there a coincidence?

Must be the balls!

Seriously though, congrats to all shooting the lights out with the gear. As they say... it's not the ball, it is the bowler. But, throwing the best gear out there doesn't hurt!

Go forth and conquer Motivnation!

Post subject: Re: What is up with all these honor scores?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:06 am 

It seems like, at least in my part of town, that November is the month that people are really starting to throw the ball good, the scores are up, and morale is high. Most of us around here avoid summer leagues which puts a chink in our game come September, but once it starts getting cold out and we WANT to be at the bowling alley, scores go way up. Tournament season is around the corner starting around February.

I Just hope that Santa drops a silver Recon down my chimney! He will... I'm pretty sure.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:14 am 

You're right, Jay Dub, about November being the month that scores & morale go up. Two reasons, majority of league bowlers do not touch a ball all summer so they are rusty coming back into league/competitve form. Second, alot of center 'play around' w/their shot & unfortunately too many do not know what they are doing. I am very fortunate in that I have established a great relationship w/Kegel & they have helped me over the years maintaining my lane machine & keeping a consistant shot.
But the real reason scores are up . . (wait for it) . . MOTIV BALLS!! :D :D Yeah baby !!!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 am 

Justin,

I also think we (as in staff and other players fairly new to MOTIV) are really "learning" how to best use MOTIV balls. Meaning, how to lay them out, best conditions for each, etc.

When I started throwing MOTIV about 18 months ago, I had success right away with GT1, but not all the weights block/cover combo's matched up for me the way I drilled them. Since then I have redrilled or bought replacements and added all the new releases, but many of them have been layed out completely different than before (biggest change was TR2). I learned how the symetrical blocks worked best (layout wise), how the covers acted polished or scuffed, what pins worked best, etc. And a lot of that has been with the help of the staffers on THIS discussion forum.

Many of us had thrown other companies equipment we liked for years, and I think there is a transition time. MOTIV equipment is THE BEST on the market, but still took a little time to make it fit best for my game. The result - I am currently above 230 (233 currently), for the first time ever (and I have been over 220 every year for 10+ yrs) and already have 4 honor scores this year with 3 different balls. Now, every time something new comes out, I almost get a nervous energy waiting for it to arrive so i can have even more fun!

I am so proud and blessed to be a member of the seed staff, and thouroughly love being a representative of the company that makes the BEST BOWLING BALLS IN THE USA, bar none.

Keep 'em coming guys!!

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:36 am 

Well said, fellas. I feel goofy posting on this forum at times, because I only bowl once a week. Most of you guys are serious bowlers, bowling regionals, etc...

I haven't gotten any honor scores yet with my motiv balls, but I know they're coming. I feel more consistent and confident with my equipment now. I'm up to 218 right now, (5 pins up from last year) and I feel that I can climb above 220 if this keeps up. If I was able to pick up another night and get the time to get a little more competitive, then the honor scores would probably come.

But, for you guys that are out in the trenches all the time representing Motiv, keep it up, and keep posting scores on here. People internet shop all the time now, and that includes bowling balls. They come across this board and hear about great scores they'll put Motiv on their list of possibilities.

Personally, I've never had more faith in a ball company in my life. I don't carry an 8 ball arsenal, but my modest 4 ball arsenal is Motivated.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 pm 

I shot my first ever 300 with a Motiv SR2 in September, this year.

Sigma Tour 298 725
Primal Scream 265 694 55x40@4.5
PAP 4 1/4">5/8 up
Rev=300
Release speed 16.1 MPH
Axis Rotation 90*
Axis Tilt 10*

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]