MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ascent Pearl vs Recon
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 am 

I was just curious if you ever got out of that house occassionally, like somewhere that maintains the lanes better, and how you did on those?

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 am 

When bowling youth I qualified for our state all-star team the last two years of youth bowling and I also bowled in Junior Gold my last two years of youth.

When bowling for the all-star team I dont think I ever hurt our team. I bowled much better the first year and actually won a match in match play. I was quite pleased and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I enjoyed it so much the first year that I suffered through another year of youth bowling just for that hope that I would qualify again and have a chance at the one weekend experience again. I believe for qualifying I averaged 218 the first year(all house shot) 19th place and 208 the 2nd year( 9 games house shot and 4 games sport shot) top 10 I think.

I bowled rather poorly at Junior gold both years. This was also only my 4th and 5th years bowling so I was really young and dumb when it came to lane play. I believe i averaged 170 both years.

But all that seems so long ago. Now I have a better mental game but I dont think my physical game as progressed at all and if anything it has declined. I dont strike as much as I used to but I certainly spare a whole lot more. So my average really has been stagnant at around 190 for awhile now. I dont bowl in any tournaments anymore so all I do is shoe up once or twice a week for league and maybe practice a game or two. The drive to be good is gone and I like going and hanging out with friends and having some fun bowling.

I would love to have some tournaments closer that I could bowl in and something that would make me want to get better again. But until then I would like to just figure out how to bowl in this house here.

A new house just got built and they are trying to get everything worked out. I am hoping that before winter leagues start they will have a decent shot figured out that is a happy medium for the fluffers and the people that have a few revs can keep a ball on the lane. If not me and my Storm Natural will become good friends along with Mr. 7 pin that it likes to leave.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:51 am 

http://membership.bowl.com/USBCsearch/V ... suffix=320

This is me. Nothing special and very mediocre.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 pm 

First and foremost if there is anything that anyone has taught me it is to be confident In your abilities as a bowler you ALWAYS have to stay positive regardless of the situation so the mediocre comments to me seem unnecessary. Secondly, a strong mental game will Outweight a strong physical game 98% of the time so don't get down on yourself I'd your physical game isn't tip top shape. There is always an upside just stay positive and work at it and if you want it bad enough you will achieve anything you desire. Hopefully the new house will be what you are looking for. We all have our bumps and bruises and we all think it can't get any worse but I think you'd be surprised how many people have confidence in you that you would never imagine did. Stay strong. Good luck.

Aaron - Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 pm 

AgBowling wrote:
i know before i signed with motiv i had alot of luck with the extender and delayed reaction polish's also from ebonite maybe give one of those a try over like 4000 surface. those polish's will make any ball go straight

Concur. I had to polish my Orange with something that had a slip agent in it in order to get it down the lane. Worked great after I did that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:37 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Aaron.

They are going through some real pains and we are all living through it. The worst part right now is very inconsistent approaches. One night it is like bowling on ice the next night I feel like I feel like I am wearing tennis shoes. If they could get this under control it would make me and my knee very happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 am 

there's a house near here with tacky approaches and ive heard of guys taking a dexter 6 or 8 sole and cutting them to fit their heels and they have had success.

Aaron - Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm 

For when they are slick I have a s4 and h2

For when they are tacky I use a s6 and a h5

Keep them in my bag for a quick change before practice as we never know what we are going to have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:50 pm 

Though I am intrigued by the sawtooth slides. Wonder how they are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:14 pm 

the interchangable front heel piece? i have one but i havent opened it yet haha

Aaron - Motiv Staff

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next