MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Silver vs Orange Reacon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm 

So now that the pics of the Silver are out...

Equally drilled Silver and Orange Reacon would there be any different in the reactions?

Im guessing the Silver would go longer but not sure.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Silver vs Orange Reacon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 pm 

Randy with a pearlized ball it will go a little longer but then again its all on how you have it drilled and also surface adjustmant is made as well. I have minedrilled to go long and flip since my ths is short oil and i want it to get down the lane. Now wehn i get my silver one it will be drilled pin left to play more mid lane than straight up. Best person to ask i think would Be Justin or Dustin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:10 am 

This is unofficial but my distributor said it dosn't hook much.... YAEHHHHHHHHHHHH..!!!!!!!!! I hope....

But how many times has a customer asked "what do you have that DOSN'T hook" not much. But to have a complete line up we need this.

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 am 

I agree. Your distributor is probably thinking that it's not a good benchmark ball, due to the fact that it doesn't hook in fresh oil. Nobody's pure intention should be to bowl with this ball on fresh oil. It's for broken down shots, mainly. That's the 3rd game ball that wins brackets.

But Randy, I'm pretty sure that the pearlized will go significantly longer than the orange ball. If you have them drilled exactly the same, they'll have a very similar motion but the silver one will hook a lot less. I don't have the orange, but from what I've read, it hooks more than people expected! Pearlizing it and having 4000 grit with polish should make it a good dry lane ball.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 am 

Here's the tech behind pearlizing:

It is an additive that impacts Ra, and looks cool. It will increase the Ra versus a coverstock that is formulated the same with no additive.

Many for a long time have thought pearlizing additive makes a ball go longer, not always true. Often, pearl balls come shiny, which is more responsible for the length than the pearl additive.

Not all additives do this, but 90% of the time this is what happens.

The above is why the RX1 is 4k Abralon no polish, and the RX1S is 4k with polish. The Ra readings out of the box are the same, so performance will be equivalent. Technically, if you take both and RX1 and RX1s to 1k Abralon, the RX1s will have a higher Ra.

An identically drilled RX1 and RX1s will have equivalent performance out of the box.

For length with the RX1, use long pin placements 5-6". Keep in mind adjusting pin distance to adapt to bowler rev/speed/tilt and shot friction.

For fast transitioning, strong backend balls, use a 35* VAL angle. For slower transitioning, smoother balls use 70* VAL angles.

The difference between these layouts will be clearly seen in the forthcoming video. I have one 60x35@4.25" no hole, and one 60x70@4.25" P3 hole. The difference in reaction between these two is approx 6 or 7 boards, and the transition is around 6-8 feet different.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:07 am 

My silver is slated for 60x5.5x70, looking for less overall hook and smoother off friction then the 60x4.5x30. P hole TBD.

Mike

P.S. your pic of the silver bullet looks wicked. I agree about the reaction for an entry level ball. In my latest vid you'll see a guy use a tropical storm for one shot and you can see the huge flare difference of the two. The white tape on the RX1 is the final axis point when the ball hits the pins. CRAZY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9tRtRpK-XU

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 am 

What Justin explains is exactly right. This is why some brands like Morich use pearl instead of a particle load now. Pigments can, but don't have to, impact ball reaction as well. Seeing as the Recons are different colors we may see variation because of that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:20 am 

JustinWi wrote:
the RX1 is 4k Abralon no polish, and the RX1S is 4k with polish.

An identically drilled RX1 and RX1s will have equivalent performance out of the box.

You are saying that a 4K no-polish solid and a 4K polished pearlized version of the same cover, drilled identically, are going to give me the same reaction; that in effect the two RX1 balls are interchangeable.

This doesn't pass the smell test. Really?...

Instead of doing a video with different drillings on two RX1s balls, I'd like to see a video of an RX1 vs. an identically drilled RX1s. That's what everyone else is going to want to see too, I should think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am 

They probably won't be identical simply because pigment color often impacts ball reaction on some level.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:40 am 

Not to put words into Justin's mouth, but...
The RX1s comes with polish OOB, right? All things being equal, an RX1o drilled the same as an RX1s should roll a bit sooner comparatively. The OOB finishes should allow the RX1s to be a bit more angular. I think we're splitting hairs here. It will be nice to offer customers a color choice for the entry level ball.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next