MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: USBC White Pattern 1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm 

Our league is switching to the USBC White 1 pattern this year and I was wondering how it plays. We've had the same house shot forever and we're all pretty used to it but this will be new for us. Any ideas on how to play this pattern and what it might hold for late game 2 and game 3? I'm starting the year with a Cruel C51, QZ2, and Silver Recon. Pretty much a down and in stroker with slower ball speed and a medium rev rate. Will consider a new if I have to but would like to finish this year with these three. But, Christmas is coming, tra la la! Any thoughts on playing this particular pattern would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: USBC White Pattern 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 am 

All patterns will play differently base on surface, length of oil and volume of oil. The USBC color patterns don't dictate length or volume, so it is up to the center to decide those factors.

Typically, the White pattern will play slicker on the outside where the extreme dry is on a THS. For me, I will take my surfaces down a grit to help in controlling the midlane. You won't be able to just bang the ball off the dry when the shots get a little flatter.

So my suggestion is to take everything down a grit (4000 to 2000, polish to 4000, etc...) and start there. The White pattern isn't extremely hard, just different. As you get more comfortable with the pattern, you can make adjustments as necessary.

Post subject: Re: USBC White Pattern 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:52 pm 

If you are saying to go down a grit wouldn't you go 4000 to 3000 not 2000? I do know some people didn't know there is a 3000 pad

TURBO Staff Member
IBMA International Bowling Media Association Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]