MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Building an Arsenal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm 

Im looking to build a complete arsenal for my daughter who is competitively bowling a Jr tour in our area so she is strictly bowling on sport patterns with the exception of 1 league which is on a house shot. She is 15 averaging 175 on the sport patterns she throws the ball 16mph and she is a high track player. So I would welcome any suggestions for an complete aresenal. Thanks

2 Cruel
Thrash
Thrash Frenzy
Venom Toxin
Tribal
Ascent Blk/Rd

Post subject: Re: Building an Arsenal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 am 

First and foremost, Sigma Tour... This will be her favorite ball IMHO. Extremely versatile ball.

Second, the Primal Scream.. This ball just clears the heads great. Some people may say the 2 Cruel but I think the Primal is more than enough ball for wet conditions.

Third, you may want to break out the Sniper...

I have rolled the Venom Strike and wasnt as impressed with it as I thought i would be. Going to throw it on some different patterns first.

You cant go wrong with Motiv.. Good Choice..

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am 

Which Sigma Tour would you go with? And she was looking at the 2 Cruel. Her current arsenal as of right now is a Out Burst for oil, Freeze Hybrid med to dry, and a C System Ulti-max med to dry, She has only been bowling competitively for a year now and has just had my hand me down equipment.

2 Cruel
Thrash
Thrash Frenzy
Venom Toxin
Tribal
Ascent Blk/Rd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:18 pm 

Heavy Oil: 2 Cruel or Primal Scream
Medium: Raptor Attack (this ball needs more love)
Light: QZ2 Backdraft
Dry: Ascent Solid
Spare: Sniper
All-around: Sigma Tour

If I could redo my purchases, this would be my arsenal.

Primal Scream - 70x70@3.75
Ascent Solid - 70x45@6"
Ascent Pearl - 70x70@6"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 pm 

MotivatedNWYO wrote:
Which Sigma Tour would you go with? And she was looking at the 2 Cruel. Her current arsenal as of right now is a Out Burst for oil, Freeze Hybrid med to dry, and a C System Ulti-max med to dry, She has only been bowling competitively for a year now and has just had my hand me down equipment.

The Sigma Tour is the black ball.. The red Sigma is the Sigma Hybrid..

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 am 

Take a look at Motiv's ball guide on the bottom of this page. http://itbca.bowlingknowledge.info/inde ... e-anything

It gives a better idea where you can place balls in Motiv's matrix. Though it's just a place to start as bowlers stats. and lane conditions will put the balls in possible differing positions.

Also remember that your daughters stats may be much different than some of us that use this forum so your pro shop operator is the best resource to get her fitted and balls in correct place in her arsenal to compete on the conditions she will face.

I'll give as an example what I use from top to bottom 2Cruel, Primal Scream, Venom Strike, QZ1 Red, QZ2 Pearl. This is just for me......as I don't find enough volume to use a Sigma Tour generally hence the Venom Strike in the middle though I think the QZ2 Backdraft could be in that place also.

I'd be looking at where she needs balls placed with early hook, delayed hook and late hook. Sport conditions and layouts that work on sport conditions are much different than how folks layout equipment for house shots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 am 

I would consider talking to your pro shop technician, first of all. Nobody here has ever seen your daughter throw a ball, so we are all making educated guesses.

If your daughter is beginning competition on challenging oil patterns it is vitally important to start looking at patterns from front to back as well as left to right. The left to right reading of a lane is all that most league bowlers do and that is not nearly enough for attacking sport conditions.

That said, I have no clue how many balls you have in mind, but the best thing you can do for assembling an arsenal is to have balls that range in the amount of friction they create on the lane (left to right hook) and vary in their speed of response (smooth to angular).

In a perfect world, a bowler's arsenal would be at least 5 balls (6 if you use a polyester spare ball).
1 for general heavy oil use (moderate speed of response)
1 for general light oil use (moderate to fast response)
3 for medium oil use (slow, moderate, and fast response)

As the product line stands, I would likely end up with:
Raptor P7 or 2 Cruel (Heavy oil, general use)
Venom Strike (medium oil, slow response)
Sigma Tour (medium oil, moderate response)
Primal Scream (medium oil, fast response)
Ascent Pearl (light oil)

I tend to post on here a couple of times a year and when I do it's too long. Sorry about that. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 am 

Great response Brett. Please visit more often need your input. :idea:

Plus, I agree what works for one on house shots and their stats. is not what may or may not work for MotivatedNWYO's daughter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am 

Thank you all for the information it is very helpful, I was just looking for a place to start, our local pro shop does not have very many MOTIV bowling balls as no one in WY really throws MOTIV so there really isnt a demand if you know what I mean, I just recently purchased one a SIGMA Hybrid & I absolutely love it and I plan on purchasing more and I know my daughter will like them as well I just didnt know where to start her arsenal with MOTIV so I just figured I would ask the people that throw more of the equipment as I really dont get to see the equipment work first hand. So thank you again for the suggestions & keep them coming in, I have a great feeling that if it got more exposer out here in WY it could really sell.

2 Cruel
Thrash
Thrash Frenzy
Venom Toxin
Tribal
Ascent Blk/Rd

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]