MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: sigma hybrid
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:50 am 

I bought the hybrid 3 weeks ago and not sure if the drilling is off or what. The ball finishes hard and shatters pins but after 3 frames it carries and the hook reaction ain't there. Any suggestions

Post subject: Re: sigma hybrid
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 pm 

what your probably seeing is lane transition downlane where the ball is burning up before it gets to the pins. the hybrid is a VERY porus ball and needs a lot of head oil for it to be successful unless drilled far from pap or shined to a marble. try throwing a coat of polish on it and seeing what happens.

Aaron - Motiv Staff

Post subject: Re: sigma hybrid
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm 

I had a similar issue with my Hybrid of all the balls I use it burns up the lanes the quickest. To get around this I move about every 4 or 5 shots. I love the way the ball hits but I do have others that I can stay on the same line for 2 or more games without moving an inch. Last week I did a complete resurface in the pro shop and within 4 throws the cover stock was already soaked with oil. I whipe the ball after every throw and clean it every 3 games. I've had some of my best games and series useing the Hybrid, but I've found I have to really be at my best to make use of its hard hitting ability. I may try polishing mine up also and see if that helps keep the oil saturation at bay. Though I wonder when doing that if you will lose a bit of the hook potential would a P1-4 hole help retain some of it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]