MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Starting Over
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 am 

Well, I've gone and injured my bowling wrist/arm to the point that I may never be able to bowl with it again. Everyone told me I was done and to quit, so I naturally dredged an old ball out the basement and had it redrilled lefty. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but my old ball is too heavy for my off-hand. In order to progress I'm convinced I need something lighter weight. This ball addict has an excuse to get a new ball!

So, any advice/input? I'm a rookie with 40 years of experience. I'll of course be sticking to league and house shots until I can learn how to get out of my own way with this left-handed stuff. I think I want to get a Sigma Tour to start this relearning and rebuilding process. Is there any reason not to start what will maybe someday become a three-ball arsenal with the Sigma Tour?

Post subject: Re: Starting Over
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 pm 

Perfect choice. Can't go wrong with Sigma Tour.

Primal Scream - 70x70@3.75
Ascent Solid - 70x45@6"
Ascent Pearl - 70x70@6"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 pm 

the sigma tour is the most versatile ball of the year for a reason. it literally does whatever you want it to do. mine is actually slightly skid flippy and ive seen them be smooth and arcy. its all in what you want from the ball.

Aaron - Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm 

[quote="AgBowling"]the sigma tour is the most versatile ball of the year for a reason. it literally does whatever you want it to do.

Cant say it any better than that.. Good luck with the switch

Sigma Tour
Sigma Hybrid
Ascent Pearl
Ascent Solid

@No7Old

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am 

Just an update for all my fans...

After getting some input from a local staffer and working with a great pro shop, I ended up going with the QZ2 Backdraft instead of the Sigma Tour. The QZ2 turned out to be a perfect match for me and my situation. It took 4 games for me to get used to the change, but games 5 and 6 were 200+. I'm feeling a lot better now about my future as a lefty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm 

OldScratch wrote:
Just an update for all my fans...

After getting some input from a local staffer and working with a great pro shop, I ended up going with the QZ2 Backdraft instead of the Sigma Tour. The QZ2 turned out to be a perfect match for me and my situation. It took 4 games for me to get used to the change, but games 5 and 6 were 200+. I'm feeling a lot better now about my future as a lefty.

I would believe you made a better choice with the QZ2 Backdraft in that you are changing hands and went lefty with your slower ball speed lefty you don't need the larger total hook of the Sigma Tour. Good choice....good luck wrongsider! :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]