MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Thrash Frenzy Ball Reaction Video
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWfPKnTwEM

Please take a look at this! I shot it with the most skid/flip layout I could,, with the pin and top weight I got. I feel this ball is more of an over/under killer than a skid/flip but that could just be due to my specs. I am very happy with the way it solved my over/under carry issues on the "great wall" I have to bowl on Friday nights. Always seems as if the people that just chuck a ball up 10 can have 5 boards of play and still hit target down lane. I am usually an arrow left of 10 and I only have a 300 rev rate. Anyway, the TF gave me to ability to play a right along side the Yahoos and still score, WITH ROOM. The video is shot on a 43' pattern and it is not "walled up". The lighting is just too dark at the other house with the "training wheel" shot. You are just going to have to take my word on it. Leave any questions on the Youtube comment section and I will answer as quick as possible.

MattyG

Last edited by mattyg3535 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Thrash Frenzy Ball Reaction Video
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am 

Quote:
I am very happy with the way it solved my over/under carry issues on the "great wall" I have to bowl on Friday nights. Always seems as if the people that just chuck a ball up 10 can have 5 boards of play and still hit target down lane. I am usually an arrow left of 10 and I only have a 300 rev rate. Anyway, the TF gave me to ability to play a right along side the Yahoos and still score, WITH ROOM.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matt,

What is the length of the walled up condition you speak of ? What is your axis tilt and axis rotation?

Thanks,
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am 

Scott,
The length is approximately 38'. Never get a straight answer. I can tell by slow rolling the ball straight down a few different boards. Ratio has to be greater than 10 to 1.
My specs change depending on the release I have to use.
Closest I can say is, less than 45* axis rotation. Usually around 30*.
My Axis tilt is around 15* and gets higher as I move deeper.
I prefer to use Axis tilt to make the ball change direction instead of Axis Rotation.
At the same house I practice a game before league. The lane was not fresh. I didn't get a great reaction. Was shocked how much better the ball played in warm up on the fresh. To be fair I only got 1 game in practice and didn't really try to get super deep. Who knows what was out there before I got there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 am 

Matty, first of all, nice video.

I've only been able to throw my TF a few games of practice, but I agree with your overall assessment. I haven't experienced the 'skid/flip' advertised for the ball. My TF reaction is almost exactly what your video showed. Don't get me wrong -- I'm very happy with it. The TF provides a very strong controllable read in the mids with a nice backend. I expect the TF to be very usable in my second shift wet/dry THS league. It's just not what I expected. I get a more defined skid/flip with my Primal Impulse.

Regardless, the TF is impressive and maybe the reaction is a blessing in disguise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 am 

Low rotation in combination a small VAL angle will provide the reaction you are seeing, less of a sharp breakpoint and more control at the spot.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]