It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Danny Wiseman a Staffer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 pm 

:mrgreen: tour trials are a no go also

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am 

I know everyone is really fired up about the PBA tour for MOTIV, but the fact is we have NOT written that check yet. If you click on that link listed above you'll still see "Grassroots" in the description next to the MOTIV logo. We are registered for non-televised regional and senior events.

In regard to Danny Wisman, he does bowl with MOTIV equipment, but not exclusively because we are not registered for the PBA tour. He can use them in regional events and other tournaments though. We met Danny at a trade show and he was very interested in our equipment and our company. After he started bowling with our equipment, he emailed us his photo and gave permission to post it up online.

I think it is very cool that we have PBA tour pros that want to bowl with MOTIV equipment in tournaments, even though they know it is not registered for the tour. Danny isn't the only one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 am 

Regarding using MOTIV at PBA tour trials, that would be a question for the PBA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:14 pm 

It's quite the compliment when PBA members as well as exempt players want to use MOTIV equipment. I am sure there is a ceratin amount of caution by these guys with a few companies changing from full registration down to Grassroots. I believe MOTIV is making all the right moves as a new company in a well established, highly competitive arena, it is very expensive to have full registration. "Baby steps" lead to success, as well as a very good product. If you didn't see Fox News they had a real nice story on MOTIV and pumping up the "Made In America" theme and this company keeping jobs in the U.S. and Brunswick moved to Mexico, it was a nice piece.

Last edited by golfdad29 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 pm 

golfdad29 wrote:
It's quite the compliment when PBA members as well as exempt players want to use MOTIV equipment. I am sure there is a ceratin amount of caution by these guys with a few companies changing from full registration down to Grassroots. I believe MOTIV is making all the right moves as a new company in a well established, highly competitive arena, it is very expensive to have full registration. "Baby steps" lead to success, as well as a very good product. If you didn't see Fox News they had a real nice story on MOTIV and pumping up the "Made In America" theme and this company keeping jobs in the U.S. and Brunswick moved to Mexico, it was a nice piece.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm 

I was looking forward to Danny Wiseman throwing MOTIV equipment at the Masters, 'he was",but
he got snowed in this week and had to cancel.Maybe sometime soon we may get to see
MOTIV in the hands of Danny or another PBA superstar.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 am 

I'm just curious as to how many time we are going to have this debate....... It seems like every few weeks someone starts a thread claiming that Motiv has moved to Full Registration and that Wiseman is a Staffer, each time someone does this Kenny and Scott step in and show this person the error in there ways. I think its safe to say that when Motiv does write that check to the PBA one of them will be back on this forum updating all of us loyal Motiv fans that Motiv is now a full reg company.

On a side note.... a few threads back regarding this exact issue someone made a very good point that i think needs to be written down again. I apologize if you read this and your the person who made this point, I'm just to lazy to go back and search for the original poster, In some weird way I'm trying to give you credit. I don't see why everyone is in such a rush to see Motiv in the hands of and exempt player on TV. I, just as much as the next guy, would love to see my favorite players (Micheal Fagan, Rhino) throwing Motiv against the sea of Brunswick and Storm players, but lets be realistic, the only reason we see so much of those two companies is because they've been around so long and have huge following, take the last telecast.... 3 out of 4 were Storm staffers all pushing there latest release (the invasion). It seems to me that it makes a hell of a lot more sense putting the emphasis on the local guys such as JustinWi and others so frequently seen on this forum. I personally was sold on Motiv after competing against it, not because i saw it on tv. The more they put into there local amateur seed program the more people will see the quicker the sales/profits will increase. If motiv drops thousands on a full reg for one or two players we may not even see them on tv, they may not even make it to match play for half the season, and what good does that do the company. Now take that money and put a fraction of it into the seed program like there are doing and hundreds of people watch as Motiv-adicts dominate tournaments and leagues.

Sorry I'm going on and on.... long and short of it, everyone needs to calm down on this hole grassroots/full reg/danny wiseman talk. Its going to happen eventually, but what Motiv is doing right now is whats going to help the company grow, grow faster then any tv event will. Good Job to the big wigs at Motiv...... and thanks for keeping the jobs and work inside our borders.

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:52 pm 

LISTEN!!! I know full well, that MOTIV is doing the CORRECT thing
with the grass roots approach.I never stated that I want MOTIV
to be registered for NATIONAL use.I just wanted to see how
well MOTIV was going to do on a NATIONAL STAGE, in the hands
of one of the more talented ,and versatile players of this generation.
The grass roots way in today's economy is the best way .
I don't want MOTIV to sign any contracts that just may hurt
the companies bottom line.The money, at this point is better
spent on R&D,and advertising.
With that said,the more top level people throwing MOTIV
the better for free advertising for the company.The Masters
is just that type of platform.

I have been with MOTIV since the first month.This equipment
is second to none. I live in Michigan ,and want the best for
the state economy.MOTIV is on the right path, and any
foolish spending on contracts ,would cause financial strain
in times when companies need to be smart.

Just one point to ponder.When MOTIV grows to a large player
on the national stage.Are we going to treat them like our favorite
band or bar? It's okay if a small group of us like them and
know about them,but leave them, when we think they are too
big and everyone knows about them,which now makes them uncool?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm 

When striking becomes uncool, I'll stop using them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 pm 

LOL ! Great perspective,Justin. Have a great day.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next