MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Where Does Toxin Fit?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm 

All,

I just drilled an Ascent Pearl for lighter wet/dry house shots with a control layout (85*PAP-pin-PSAx2.75"x45*) pin slightly and 2" right of ring. I also have a Thrash Frenzy (85*PAP-pin-PSAx4 3/8"x40*) pin slightly above ring. I love the Thrash Frenzy my favorite ball that I drilled this year when they start to even out and break down moving in. The Ascent Pearl I got for the fresh with the control layout is a very nice even rolling ball with enough hit but able to keep the ball out in front of me instead of creating inside angles.

My question is where does the Toxin fit with these two balls? I have seen Rob Lange's video and his stats. are close to mine. My Venom Strike definitely did not match up for me and had wrong layout early rolling ball pin under bridge and have to keep a huge amount of polish on it or it burns early. I did not purchase a Tank either because of this early rolling low Rg issue on worn synthetic lower volume conditions that I see. I think the Toxin could be a ball that I could use OOB with a high pin over bridge layout. Those that have used these balls how do you see it?

Thanks,
Scott

My stats. right hander with average speed 17 mph in heads and 14.5 - 15 at deck on CATS. 300 - 325 rpm's. Track diameter 11"s and axis tilt 17 deg. Axis rotation 45 - 60 deg. ave. 4 7/8" over & 3/8" up PAP.

Post subject: Re: Where Does Toxin Fit?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 pm 

Scott,

Might not be the one you are looking for a answer from, but I have the Frenzy and the Toxin. AND the Toxin is a great ball, I have the pin up 5" I don't remember the dual angle off the top of my head, but I can tell you this ball is all that, nice strong move to the pocket just a really true rolling hybrid nice length with a even nicer move to the pocket.

I have not throw the Frenzy enough 4.25 " pin up to give you a good compare of the two, but the Toxin is that good IMO.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]