MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 2013 Louisville Derby Tournament
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:30 am 

Has anyone bowled in the Derby tournament recently and if so how are the lane patterns and scoring this year? Planning to bowl down there next weekend.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Louisville Derby Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 am 

I was just down there this past weekend....they seemed to be tighter than i remember... threw the red ball for pretty much the whole tourney...the toxin got a little play...as long as you got a group of guys that know how to break stuff down you will be fine

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

Post subject: Re: 2013 Louisville Derby Tournament
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm 

DustinBaker wrote:
I was just down there this past weekend....they seemed to be tighter than i remember... threw the red ball for pretty much the whole tourney...the toxin got a little play...as long as you got a group of guys that know how to break stuff down you will be fine

Lol, I was actually there this past weekend, too. I did absolutely horrible (probably my worse 9 games at the Derby since the first year I started doing it 5 years ago).

Team event: The lanes were not bad at all but it did seem abit tight. Was told that the pattern this year was a short oil pattern but it certainly didn't play like that. Used my 505T the entire time and only moved a few boards because two bowlers were lefties and everyone else were all over the place. Had a rocky start in the 1st game because of mental errors on my part but did finish strong in the last game.

Singles/Doubles: That was a lost cause for me. That played even tighter than teams and the three other bowlers I was with was mostly throwing it inside with pearl balls. Was switching off and on with the Raptor and 505T but couldn't get a consistent shot even if saved me. Carrydown became a big issue by the time we did doubles because everyone's balls just stopped moving in the backend. Didn't get it figured out until the last game when I just threw it straight up the 5-7 board (where I don't even normally throw it at) and got the best look the entire day.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]