MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Help choosing a Hybrid Motiv
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm 

Hi all this is my first time posting and I have a decision to make. I need to choose between a the Motiv Sigma Hybrid and the Motiv 2Cruel. I am familiar with the specs on both, but this is the situation I am in. I am not too good of a hook bowler as I am more of a straight shot bowler. From what I see on both those hybrids, the 2Cruel would be more suited for me since it has a delayed hook opposed to the early hook on the Sigma. If I am correct, the 2Cruel would be more of a straight shot then hook at the backend. What do you think and recommend. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Help choosing a Hybrid Motiv
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 pm 

I have thrown both. Sigma is my favorite of the two. Although my specs are different. I am a high rev player and symmetric suit me better than asymmetric.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:42 pm 

The Sigma will be much smoother than the 2Cruel. I think it will really depend on what you are using it on the most (volume and length). The 2Cruel has a lot more recovery on the backend. I would probably go with the Sigma so it can read the lanes better for you. This being said, I don't know your specs and how you throw the ball. But if you are playing 'straighter' you may want to go with the Sigma for the control factor.
What are you currently using?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 pm 

If you are looking for more back-end hook action, which is what I believe you implied, then I would go with the Primal Rage.

It is in the same hook strength category as the Sigma Hybrid and will not over read the front part of the lane, thus giving it more motion in the back-end of the lane.

The strength of the 2Cruel cover could bleed off too much energy and not give you the type of look you are implying, depending upon your speed and rev rate.

But, if you are required to choose between the Hybrid and 2Cruel, then yes, the core characteristics of the 2Cruel will give you more back-end motion in theory.

Ball speed, rev rate, and home center oil volume information would help in determining your actual need.

MPH 16-20
RR : 420
PAP 5.125 over 0.25 down

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]