MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: So what's next?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:29 am 

I know, I know .. you can't or don't want to talk about it. I get that. However, I am going to ask simply because the answer will define my next 1 or 2 purchases.

Background: About December last year one of your staffers (Dustin Baker) finally convinced me to give Motiv another try after I had limited success with a first gen Cruel.

Since then I have completely switched over to Motiv (I have bought 8 balls since then) and am enjoying them a lot. Their roll characteristics match extremely well with my style.

That being said, and getting back on topic, I ask about what's next because I have heard rumors about a Sigma Tour pearl. I LOVE my current Tours (1 pin up, 1 down) but I bowl in a couple of houses that have very high friction surfaces and a Tour reaction with a pearl cover would be EXTREMELY useful. I have a Rage set pin up that is fantastic at my main house but it is a little strong at the houses with the friction. I don't want to buy another Rage with a "custom" set up just for these houses. I think a pearl tour would work wonders.

If it is going to be a pearl tour, I'm buying 2 so you already have your first pre-orders!

Post subject: Re: So what's next?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:25 pm 

Sigma Tour could be the best ball ever, it's a shame it is being discontinued. I wonder if a Sigma Pearl would differ enough from a Thrash Frenzy to justify a new release? I have a team mate with a Sigma Tour and Thrash Frenzy, similiar layouts. In general terms, the Frenzy seemed to cover the same number of boards, it just started later and was more angular.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm 

I also have a Frenzy that shares a similar layout to my pin down Tour. But, as you state, it's more angular and I have had instances where my TOUR reads a little early whereas the Frenzy would come of the point too hard and leave corners or 9 pins.

I am excited about a pearl tour because I am hoping that I can get the same hook shape as the solids but on lanes with higher surface friction / burned heads.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 am 

Thrash Frenzy for me works in the spot when the Sigma tour is too much ball....Its almost like having a pearl ST for me.

TURBO Staff Member
IBMA International Bowling Media Association Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:00 am 

To me, one of the weaknesses of the Sigma Tour was the Atomix cover. A Sigma with a Pearl or hybrid Fusion cover would disappoint a few of the posters here, because it would seem to imply a ball that, although clean through to fronts, would cover more boards in total. And that is not a bad thing, either. Especially for the brand overall. A lower Rg, higher or similar diff than the Rage spells winner for those of us with less hand or higher tilt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 am 

plamormick wrote:
...for those of us with less hand or higher tilt.

Wow, that is the opposite of how I throw... full roller with 420 rev rate. Which is why I tend to avoid balls with an angular motion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm 

Jeff, I have that new SX1 that you should try. We can work out the details later. Maybe we can trade for something that comes out down the road. Tom B

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]