MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Building my arsenal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 am 

I have the Thrash Frenzy, was thinking about getting the cruel intent, primal rage, and the Tribal. Is it a good ideal to have all your bowling balls have the same RG (2.55) or bc the differentials are all different it would be ok. Are they all going to react different enough that it would be a good idea, thanks!

Post subject: Re: Building my arsenal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

What kind of conditions are you generally bowling on: THS, Sport, PBA, etc? What about speed, rev, style (cranker, tweener, stroker)? So much depends on your particular capabilities and the conditions you see most often to decide how many of what type balls you need. I'll probably get some disagreement here but if you are bowling on the same conditions all the time, I would think two balls would do you just fine - one for early oilier conditions, one for later drier conditions, and, perhaps, a spare ball. No point in spending a lot of bucks when you will rarely use more than two strike shot balls a shift. A Tribal would be a step down from the Frenzy with close to the same shaped shot. For a different shape and for drier conditions, the Strike or Toxin would be a nice compliment to the Frenzy. However, if you are a tournament bowler then you probably need a larger arsenal to cover a larger spread in layouts. You would probably want to go the one of the higher differential balls to give you you more track flare for heavy oil condition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 pm 

Thanks for the reply, I bowl in two leagues, THS, and bowl in 1 (sometimes 2) tournaments a month during the bowling season. My ball speed is 15, not sure about revs, I play between the 2 & 3rd arrow (closer to the 2nd). I think I'm a stroker, but I don't play down and in, the ball goes across a few boards. My problems come during the tournaments, they don't hook nearly as much. That's why I was thinking about the cruel intent. In league I'm a 210-215 bowler, tournaments not so much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 pm 

Intent would probably be a good choice but so would the Talon if you like a more arcing shot. I've heard "down and in" and "up the boards" described as follows: If you play from say the 5 board to the pocket in kind of a diagonal shot you are going "up the boards" that is from 5 up to 25. If you play "down and in" you are throwing straight down a line, say between the 2nd and 3rd arrow, until the ball hits the dry then hooks into the pocket. Either shot would qualify as a "stroker" I guess. Sounds like you more of "down and in" player, so I think a ball with a high flare potential would be your best bet early on anyway. The Talon may be your best bet for now since it starts up a little earlier than the Intent would, an advantage in heavy oil. Hopefully someone with more tournament experience will chime in and offer their views.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 pm 

Thanks!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]