Tribal
Venom Shock x2
Venom Toxin
Ascent Pearl (G/P)
Tank
Sniper

Post subject: Re: Venom Shock Video
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:22 pm 

I would like to make a request of the video posters in general. When you are comparing balls, can you please throw the same shot with each of them so folks can see the differences in how they actually react?

I don't care if it's not a strike, it's more useful to me to see that, for instance, the Strike would not make it to the pocket using the same line as the Shock or to see that the Revolt would cross the face. That tells me more about reaction than seeing different targets.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:00 pm 

I can do that in my next video... If you notice I do state the difference with the target and breakpoint with comparison balls on the 3 shots in a row on the bottom of the screen. The reason I show the difference and adjust is so that you can see the correct motion on same condition. I do see your reasoning as well. Your way will show the true difference, but the way I currently do it shows where it would play in comparison to.

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm 

I'm willing to do what the viewers want. They are for you guys and whatever you need to help make decisions!

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm 

I know it seems like I am haunting you and I apologize but I am not trying to. You just get the first videos out so you become the first one to ask =).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:00 pm 

I sometimes wonder when watching any of these videos comparing different balls why not just get one ball and move target points, feet, lane, or both, rather than buy a bunch of balls. Most of us typically bowl on THS (though I'm sure there are a lot of variations) and it seems to me one ball will generally do the trick. I can pretty much use my PRIMAL RAGE most of the shift though will go to my VENOM STRIKE when the lanes dry up. I'm not convinced I need to give up my STRIKE for the very slight difference the SHOCK will give me, for example. I understand large inventories for frequent tourney bowlers when you don't know what you're going to face but not so much for the weekly league bowler. Where am I going wrong here? By the way, I agree with previous post on showing the different balls on the same line. I find that very useful. Also, might add the lane condition the video was done on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:15 pm 

Because if the bowling ball companies only wanted you to buy one ball and adjust, there wouldn't be a very good market for them for long. :P I say that jokingly of course, but that is the main reason, marketing. If you're a weekly league bowler and you encounter the same conditions often, that's great. Less equipment and leaves it all to shot making. But not every house is like that. And as you say Jerry, tournament bowlers or conditions demand even more. I know me personally my house is all over the place. Very inconsistent. So I need a couple extra pieces to make sure I can score.

The Shock and Bite are pretty similar. If you don't already have the Bite, I think the Shock would be great. I personally have the Bite, which I love, and I'm also getting the shock. But I will be putting a different layout in it. I think Motiv's equipment is visually the best looking equipment in the market. I think that alone can helps sell their lineup. I'm looking forward to the Shock.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:48 pm 

I'm guessing that you mean Strike instead of Bite, Xeroqualms. :)

Ball Speed: 16mph

Cruel Intent x2
Primal Rage
Raptor Talon
Primal Scream
Covert Revolt x2
Sigma Sting
Tribal
Venom Shock x2
Venom Toxin
Ascent Pearl (G/P)
Tank
Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:15 pm 

I have NO idea why I keep mixing up "Strike" and Bite... Maybe they should make another one with the name ;)

Yes, the Strike.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next