MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New Motiv Ascent Apex
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:58 pm 

So we have our new ball!! The Motiv Ascent Apex. I like the naming and the colours. Motiv has gotten really good with colour contrasting. Makes everything stand out.

I have a feeling this ball is gonna be pretty strong for their lowest lineup. Thoughts?

PS: REALLY hope their next ball is a fusion hybrid...Just saying.

Post subject: Re: New Motiv Ascent Apex
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:13 pm 

I agree with the Fusion Hybrid. I've been saying that for months now lol. I hope it isn't too strong for that low of a price point.

http://www.youtube.com/AustinClos

Get MOTIVated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 pm 

How much of a difference is there between the Ascent Apex and the Recon Silver? I'm really interested in this ball but I don't want to buy it and find out its just like my recon silver.

Thanks,
Brad
Groundhog Lanes
Punxsy, PA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:03 pm 

I would guess that the strength is what dictated a variation of the fusion pearl, as opposed to just going with straight up fusion. I'm sure it'll be a winner. Seems like they all are!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 am 

I understand why people want and clamor for a "hybrid" but really with coverstock technology these days, pearl/solid/hybrid are just marketing terms. The shapes can and will be achieved as they see a need in the lineup via a combination of cover formulation and core design.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 am 

has anyone thrown one of these yet? I use a toxin, I sometimes struggle to keep my speed up I often find myself playing inside third arrow leaving ten pins. when the lanes get dryer, or on wood I would like to stay with my same or similar line with a ball that goes longer. rage may be too strong, tribal too similar.I was seriously considering a pearl ascent. now I may go with the apex.
my freshman daughter averaging 181 uses toxin and ascent solid. we had the pro shop polish her ascent when he drilled the toxin. WOW it went 2 feet farther and snapped harder I was impressed. any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:19 am 

My concern is that Motiv seems to be throwing everything into the Fusion coverstock. While it is a fantastic cover, it does have limits in it's flexibility. Right now you have the Fusion cover or the Covert Revolt/Shock cover or entry level (assuming the Thrash Frenzy is next on the chopping block). It's a huge concern for me right now. I have a lot invested into Motiv gear and I would hate to have to walk away because they get to enamored of one cover. At least, I hope it's just being enamored, cause the only other reason I would see for a lack of R&D would be poor sales. Meaning Motiv might fold.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 am 

I understand your concern, but I personally don't think you've got anything to worry about. In my mind, more so than anything, Motiv is a core company at heart. I also believe that fusion pearl is their best cover to date. So to see them wrap all ths great cores they produce in it doesn't surprise me.

As far as it's limits in flexibility, it does have those, what cover doesn't? But as far as a clean, strong downlane motion goes it hits the nail on the head. Some of the limitations might be due to you expectating it to be something it's not. Just my opinion.

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 am 

I don't think we have any thing to worry about regarding Motiv "folding". If they are anything, they are smart business people that, over the years, made the right moves to improve their product line and improve on the performance of their bowling balls. Bringing "bowling knowledgeable" people on board, such as Spangler, has significantly helped them improve & produce better coverstocks & core/coverstock combinations resulting in ball motion we did not see in their first couple of years. Motiv's overall product line is now is very strong & continues to get better each year.

Using a successful coverstock on various cores is nothing new in our industry. Remember Brunswick using the PowerKoil coverstock on pretty much everything they made at one time??!! Trust me when I tell you Motiv has other coverstocks coming out that will produce ball motions we haven't seen yet. So rest assured, JRDaniels4200, your investment in Motiv has & continues to be a solid/good one !!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 pm 

To Bob:
Where is the "Like" button? lol

Not only can we see such different ball motions, even just with the Turmoil and the Fusion covers, the current combination of cover/cores are amazing.

I wanted to be an all MOTIV guy for 4 years now, but hadn't been able to because the shapes available up until last summer wouldn't roll correctly for me. I was 'stuck' using "S", "RG" and "B" just to be able to strike.

I believe in the ethos of this company, not only on account of the product, but because of the service I receive when I deal with them, plus the genuine good people the Wilburs are. Bottom line, this company is growing when others are struggling. Going with MOTIV is a safe bet, IMHO.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next