MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sad statement!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:19 pm 

I respectfully disagree with the quality of Motiv's videos. I think they're great. They usually use 3 different layouts, they actually tell you what the layouts are, compare them, and then compare the ball to the other balls in the lineups. The only thing you could argue is having maybe another person who is a little lower rev to demonstrate that as well, since Justin is pretty high in the rev department.

Perhaps that Motiv has some pretty high key players like Dick Allen and Ronnie Russel on staff now perhaps they'll do what some of the other companies are doing and talk with the pros about the new release. They can explain the look it gives them and when they intend to use it for whatever conditions. That would be informative.

But you gotta go where the masses are. It makes a lot of sense to have information going to Facebook and Twitter first when there is MILLIONS of people registered on those sites. Forums in general are a dying breed. Would you rather post information about your new and exciting bowling ball on a forum that maybe, 100-500 people would see over a few weeks? Or post it on Facebook, where it can be shared and re-shared 1000's of times in the span of a few hours.

I think all that's required is having some Motiv staffers regularly posting information in the forums. Personally I've already done it a few times where I see a picture of a new ball on Twitter and re-posted it here. Would be easy enough for them to do it and spark some interest in here at least.

Post subject: Re: Sad statement!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm 

You are right Xero, having the pros give information can be helpful. Even the regional staff members can provide great information. But they have to want to do it. I'm guessing most either don't have the time or don't have the desire. Personally, I feel like I am pretty up-to-date on current bowling trends and technologies. My girlfriend was on staff with Motiv. But unfortunately, what I feel like is adequate participation in the forums may not be the same for everyone else. You don't want to make it mandatory, but they should suggest it "highly."

I also liked how before there were active discussions on what we would like to see in new releases. Could be anything from performance to colors. I am not sure if these conversations were sanctioned by Motiv, but they tended to be the most active of the posts on here. Bring something like that back; or just give the general public a choice of two or three color combinations.

Ultimately, I feel you need to actively involve the public. They want to know their voice is being heard.

Imagine if the day Motiv has a new release, they schedule a Skype meeting for any and all who want to view a chance to see and hear a presentation on the new ball. Perhaps some questions can be gathered from the viewers before the meeting and reference the viewer in the discussion. Gives people a sense that they are important to Motiv.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2