MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sad statement!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:04 am 

I said it last year,and I'm saying it again.This site has become obsolete.Only one post since Monday.Nobody comes here because they can get all their information from Facebook.It's a shame that it has come to this.

Post subject: Re: Sad statement!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:46 am 

I agree its nowhere near as exciting or as informative as it used to be. Perhaps now that Motiv seems to be well established, there' not enough incentive to hype their products here. We rarely hear from their pro staff and then usually just to show videos of the newest ball. Motiv videos are just OK in my opinion. I prefer those made by Brunswick or Hammer which are, in my opinion, far more informative. These videos describe the balls, where they fit in their lines, offer a variety of bowler styles to demonstrate them, and show comparisons with other balls in their lines. All we get from Motiv is usually someone with a huge rev rate and high speed with few comparisons, if any. As an older bowler with a low rev rate and speed, I find it impossible to relate to these videos. Even Buddies Pro Shop videos give us a variety of styles to choose from from high rev rate to older bowlers with low rev rates. I see a lot of Motiv products on the lanes now, far more than even a year or two ago. I just hope Motiv isn't taking this all for granted and ignoring its base. Companies can go down a lot quicker than they can go up. What are your ideas to jazz up the forum?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 am 

i was hoping this would be a livelier forum. i asked a question about the apex no responses.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 am 

I usually try to get on here every other day or so, PM me if you guys have questions...I think FB for some is just more convenient.

Boom Apparel Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:15 pm 

Mags, You are just about the one and only REAL contributor, just wish there were more of you. We use to see Justin everyday now not for months at a time (maybe he's not associated with Motiv anymore?). Anyway, thanks for what you do and you're right: Facebook seems to be taking over everyone's life for good or bad.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm 

What good does FB do? If a person asks a staff member or member another about a ball or a drilling on FB only a few people will see the post,and it's a memory after a day.If it's here on this site,it's here for all to see for as long as the site is here.
Also I tried last year to get the staff members back here,it lasted less than one month.
Also a lot of the staff members that contributes are gone.Either released or quit.
Nobody seems to want to come here.It's easier for them to get it as personal information on FB.
Whatever the choice for not coming here is,I don't know.But it's sad that a great information sharing site has become a afterthought.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm 

Don't be too discouraged, coolerman, this is still a good place to share info whenever possible. Granted, FB has become the default means of communication but for me, their is too much junk on FB about peoples personal lives that I could care less about. This forum is still IMHO the best place to obtain real info on Motiv products. Maybe you don't get a quick response to an inquiry but eventually most questions get answered to some degree.

As for the discussion about videos, most Motiv vidz are shot by staffers or very avid Motiv-ites. They may not have access to higher quality equipment & editing software. And most of us have real jobs we have to go to & thus contribute vidz whenever we get a moment. Buddies Pro Shop does this FULL TIME. They have a direct vested interest in producing quality vidz. Many of the ball companies produce their vidz in house, thus have access to better "stuff" by which to produce these vidz. Keep in mind that Motiv is the "new kid on the block" and doing quite well, thanx to all of you.

Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Summer time is always a slow time in the bowling biz so forum posts will most likely decline in the summer months. Focus on what is important . . . the super bowling equipment coming out of Motiv & it's made in the US of A.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:13 am 

Still, why can't Motiv produce first class videos in-house? Seems to me it would be an excellent marketing tool and in their long term interest to do so. Heck if Motivgirl, Mags, Justin, and others can produce quality videos part time, I would think Motiv certainly could do it full time. Yes, they might be having good sales now but may do even better with good marketing. Word of mouth only goes so far. It would nice to tell prospects to "check out Motiv videos" at their web site. Just can't do that now. As you say, online pro shops do it to increase their business, Wouldn't it be the same for a manufacturer to best show off their own product? If I were the manufacturer I would want to control the message myself, not rely on 2nd or 3rd parties to do it for me. Anyway, we are at least having a good discussion about something!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 am 

To some extent, jerrylee300, you answered your own questions. If those people you mentioned are putting out quality vidz of the bowling balls, why should Motiv invest their limited resources to do so? It is already being done by those staffers (and they, as well as others, do a great job!). You have to understand that Motiv is still a small company & the profit margins in bowling are almost as slim as grocery stores, thus, they really have to watch every dime they spend in order to get the most "bang for the buck." Personally, I would rather see them spend their money on R & D developing great equipment which it appears they have done. Our coverstocks today are leaps & bounds better than what us early Motiv-ites saw on the TX1, GT1 and other balls. They have done an excellent job focusing on what is important and that is flat out making really good bowling balls.

Besides, IMHO, all ball vidz look the same to me, regardless of who is making them. The ball always hooks a good amount and ALWAYS strikes! They are always thrown by high quality bowlers. Ever seen a promo vid thrown by "Freddie Fudge Pucker" (MO's term for the avg bowler) who has <200 revs & misses the head pin every other shot? NO, everyone puts out vidz showing the ball blasting the pins.

More vidz would be nice but the formula Motiv has put together appears to be working well & taking them in the right direction. I can tell you that over the past couple of years, Motiv has leaped over (in sales) some ball brands that have been around longer than some of you have on this planet!! :D Way to go, MOTIV !!!!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:39 pm 

Gone are the days where a single manufacturer can provide enough information for their own forum. Up until today, I haven't even been able to log on to the Motiv website. (I haven't tried in a while, but for at least a couple of years I couldn't) Most people have more than one company's equipment and it is very difficult to get comparative information here on multiple companies.

As far as I can remember, Hammer had a forum on their website and it is gone. BBE used to be heavy on Lane #1. All other dedicated company forums are gone, except this one. Does it have potential to be great? Of course, but I think we need to realize people are getting information from many locations. And for Motiv, this is unfortunately one of the last locations where people go for Motiv information.

But Motiv did this to themselves, perhaps on purpose. I am not sure what it takes to keep this forum active, but if no one posts, then the forum will go away. Motiv has pretty much left already. I wish it wasn't the case, I like the information I get here, but lets face facts. There may be 10 people keeping this forum alive and I don't see more coming.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next