MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Love Motiv but???????
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm 

I bowled all my life but I quit for several years (17) and my son talked me into joining a league with him, that was just a couple years ago and I wanted to try a different ball company and stumbled across Motiv. I have to say love this company but I'm going to change and this is why. I have bought 4 balls from them and 2 of them have split in half, the first was a Primal Impulse with less than 20 games on it, I contacted Motiv and they were great and replaced it but I had already spent $80 to have it fitted and had to do it again for the replacement.

Yesterday I went to practice with my son and took my Silver Recon out of the bag and the same thing it was split wide open less than 20 games again, I can't justify spending $160 for fitting every time I buy a Motiv ball.

I maintain the balls with proper cleaning and always keep them in my home, this makes me sad but I'm done!

Attachments:
DSCN2253.JPG
DSCN2253.JPG [ 91.23 KiB | Viewed 1630 times ]
DSCN2059.JPG
DSCN2059.JPG [ 102.39 KiB | Viewed 1630 times ]

QZ2 Backdraft

Post subject: Re: Love Motiv but???????
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:31 pm 

A couple of things.

I am one of the top motiv shops in florida. So i sell ALOT of balls. I sell around 200 motiv balls a year in a town that has 500 bowlers:P

So here is a couple of things.
Those 2 balls you listed have been discontinued over 2 years. they are decent balls, but by no means the standard that motiv operates by.
I think you would be making 2 mistakes here. One buy their new stuff, 2 giving up on them.

I have had 2 balls split in 2 years. And to be honest it was my fault, They sat on my shelf for a very very long time, and I was having thermostat issue in my Proshop. It was getting too cold. Ac was either on and down to 60 or off and at 80+..

No other balls have had a single break in 3 years other than those 2. I am sorry that you have had 2 break. I would help but I am no tmotiv just a loyal customer.

Next thing, They have the BEST balls on market right now. Try the motiv revolt my personal favorite. I gurantee you 2 things. 1 it wont crack, 2 you will love it.

I am so sold that it will work for you, and really want you to stay with motiv. That in front of everyone, if you buy a motiv Revolt and it cracks. I will replace that ball with any ball you want at MY cost and i will pay for your redrilling or drill myself. That is how convinced i am at the product. Tell me you still wont try it?
And just so you dont think i am scamming ya.

Tony warren
leagues@bowlsplitz.com
Call motiv and ask Dan Wilbur about me :D

Cruel Intent
2cruel
Revolt x2
Shock x2
Octane
APEX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 am 

I have a Covert Revolt. While its not cracking, the logo is separating in 3 places. Two are in the Covert Revolt logo area, the other is the Motiv logo. The worst one I can put a post-it in about 1/4".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:16 pm 

Got any pics?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 am 

Iv'e been trying to post a picture but I haven't been able to load it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:40 pm 

These instances are so very odd and out of character for these balls. The Impulse, I could understand, as the finger hole is within an inch of the pin, thus causing a weak spot, but the Recon is odd.

The only thing in common with these balls is you-- don't take this as an attack by any means. Please understand that my point is that there has to be something more going on here. Make sure you aren't exposing the balls to extreme temperatures, nor wild swings in temperatures. Otherwise, there is so little breakage in the MOTIV equipment, that you either have something going on to help cause the cracking, or, you need to purchase a lotto ticket (wouldn't that be neat!)

Don't give up on MOTIV. I have seen 5 hammers and 4 storm/roto balls crack in the past three years, and literally NONE from Motiv. I hate to think your luck is that bad. This company rocks, and their equipment is so amazing. It is clear you have had a rough ride, but I'll add my plea that you don't jump ship.

I would also question your shop guy about the fitting charges; they seem excessive, especially in light of warranty issues.

Just my 2 cents. Be well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:55 pm 

First off, sorry for your recent issues. Im not a staffer by any means and I will tell you I have thrown a ton of Motiv equipment from the original red qz days all the way to the sigma sting. NOT ONE CRACK. I have to agree the primal impulse was indeed drilled too close to the pin as mentioned above...If your proshop drilled it, I would be curious as to why and they should be responsible for replacement. He/she should know better. Secondly, I also would talk to your shop about drilling costs, that seems reeeeeally high. Motiv makes the best equipment in the world, and this coming from a Non-staffer. I would Take Tony up on his offer with the revolt, I too live in Florida and have had conversations via social media with him many times. The people and equipment here at Motiv are second to none in my opinion and I would hate to see this bump in the road push you away from this awesome brand!

House Hack Motiv Staff =)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:38 pm 

plamormick I guess what I have in common with these two balls is I paid for them and paid for the fittings. These balls have had very few games on them cause I only used them when the lane conditions allowed it and they have always been kept in my house and never out in extreme temperature. I agree the fitting is expensive but that includes inserts thumb plug and he is supposed to be the best around (?) I too really like Motiv and was preparing to purchase some more but now hesitant, I probably have 20 old balls in the basement from the past and have never had one crack like this. I posted this here on this forum for input from already Motiv fans and not on Facebook cause I didn't want to put that negativity out there for the general public. You're right I think the PI had the pin too close to the finger hole but the Recon was just sitting on the floor in my closet and I hadn't used it for probably 5 months. I still love my other two Motiv balls but a little shell shocked to go look at them.....

QZ2 Backdraft

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am 

Sorry to hear about you disappointment w/Motiv equipment. I have drilled 100's of Motiv balls for myself and my customers since the TX1 hit the shelves and I have only had 2 crack, Toxin & Recon. Both times Motiv was more than cooperative to replace the ball. These do happen from time to time w/ALL ball manufactures. I have not seen/heard Motiv balls being more defective than any other manufacture. If you really think we have the best stuff out there, stick w/us. Motiv constantly tries to improve their product on all levels.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:05 pm 

back2front wrote:
I probably have 20 old balls in the basement from the past and have never had one crack like this. Isn't it crazy the way some balls crack, regardless of how long they sit, compared to others that crack if you happen to look at them wrong?I posted this here on this forum for input from already Motiv fans and not on Facebook cause I didn't want to put that negativity out there for the general public. That was a very noble thing to do. You will find haters and drama enthusiasts everywhere, but this forum seems to be so positive, this was the right place to come to find real information instead of just rancor and ranting. You're right I think the PI had the pin too close to the finger hole but the Recon was just sitting on the floor in my closet and I hadn't used it for probably 5 months see above comment about some that crack, and some that don't.. I still love my other two Motiv balls but a little shell shocked to go look at them.....

I hope you give the new stuff a try. I think you'll find it is plenty reward for little risk. Good luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next