MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Replacing Primal tv4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 pm 

Hello, I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking to replace my primal tv4 with a current motiv ball. Which one out there do you think would be a good replacement? I'm thinking either a pin down octane or tribal fire. Thanks

Motiv Equipment:
Primal TV4
SR2
Venom Toxin
QZ2 Blue
Ascent Apex
Ascent Solid
Recon Silver

Post subject: Re: Replacing Primal tv4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 pm 

This all depends on what you are looking for in ball motion. Can you provide more detail about your style of bowling? Speed, revs....

High Avg - 238
PBA member
Motiv Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 am 

sorry about the long time for a reply. as for my style, I'm a bit more rev dominant and my ball speed is usually around 15.5-16. thats what the screen tells me at least. haha I talked to another motiv guy and he said best fit for me would probably be a pin down octane. Your thoughts?

Motiv Equipment:
Primal TV4
SR2
Venom Toxin
QZ2 Blue
Ascent Apex
Ascent Solid
Recon Silver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am 

One of the issues I have in replacing older bowling equipment is comparing what the ball was intended to do versus what the ball is currently doing. For example, if you had a 2Cruel you really liked and after all this time you want to replace it, it would depend on how the ball is currently performing. Things like lane pattern, oil volume and ball maintenance practices will all effect the decision.

With that said, earlier Motiv pieces were more heavy rolling and not very skid/flippy. The newer pieces like the Octane do have a more common skid/flip look much like some Storm and Roto Grip pieces. Combine that with the changes in strength of covers and changes in oil technology, I would put the TV4 more in the medium to light oil category when compared to newer equipment.

If you are looking for a "replacement" then look at something like the Tribal or Tribal Fire.

If you are looking for a ball to complement your current arsenal, I would probably look to a Sigma Sting for the upper end of your arsenal.

I would be worried a little bit about having Motiv's most skid/flip ball, the Octane, as your "heavy oil" ball. I personally like to use skid/flip reactions as a step down after another ball, like the Sigma Sting, has begun to lose carry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 pm 

I agree completely with spmcgivern.

I'm currently looking to replace my Sigma Tour, I'm thinking a Tribal Fire or an Ascent. Tho the Tour and Sting are both considered moderate/medium balls, the Sting quite a bit stronger and more angular.

I can only imagine how insanely strong the JACKAL is going to be...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]