MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Need a new bowling bag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:52 am 

Hello all,

My 2 ball motiv tote bag has ripped near the top by the zipper and I need to get a new bag. Does anyone have the 3 ball roller from motiv? How has it held up and do you recommend getting it. It's a bit pricey but if it's worth it, I'll get one. I appreciate your thoughts. :)

Motiv Equipment:
Primal TV4
SR2
QZ2 Blue
Ascent Apex
Ascent Solid

Post subject: Re: Need a new bowling bag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:58 am 

No, I would not recommend it. My 3 ball full bag lasted about 6 months before one of the zippers came off track due to the stitching holding the zipper to the bag unraveling. A friend's lasted just under a year before the handle pulled out. As for totes, I know of several folks who have had the stiffeners in the bottom of their 3 ball totes either break or the rivets have popped out from the bag.

Sadly, while Motiv makes some of the most rugged balls out there, their bags don't do so well

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm 

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't had my 2 ball deluxe tote for too long before the zipper ripped along the stitching as well. Thanks. I want to represent the Motiv brand, but I'll just let the balls and my game do the talking there.

Motiv Equipment:
Primal TV4
SR2
QZ2 Blue
Ascent Apex
Ascent Solid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:43 am 

I didn't like the Deluxe Triple Roller. Gave it to my neighbor, he still uses it. The quality was acceptable, as good as any other brand. I think, in general, that style of bag is too expensive and doesn't seem to hold up. I currently us a Deluxe Double and Clear-view Double.

My Clear-view Double is 3 seasons old. The one zipper broke about 2 months ago and there is some frayed threads on the logo. Not bad for 3 seasons of heavy use. I'm considering replacing it with a 3 ball clear view.

My Deluxe Double Tote, no issues after a full season of use.

For what it's worth, my wife has the Deluxe Double Roller, 3 seasons old, some wear and tear, but in pretty good shape overall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 am 

I've had the 3 ball Motiv bag for about 6 months and love it. It is sturdier than previous 3 ball bags I've owned. It gets plenty of use each week being hauled in and out of my SUV. and up and down steps in the bowling center. Several other league bowlers have the bag and appear to like it also. It is great looking, has plenty of storage space, is easy to roll, and, best of all, keeps the balls in place. My last 3 ball roller had velcro separators that never could hold the balls in place. I didn't think the price is too bad either (got mine at BowlerX), though they are all pretty expensive.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]