MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Tribal Fire
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:00 pm 

Where will the Tribal Fire go on the Ball Guide? I'm guessing above the Shock but below the Revolt but won't know until its put on the chart. I wonder why Motiv doesn't put their new balls on the guide until the sell date. Would like to know now as early as possible where it will fit in the line-up so I can pre-order if I decide to buy it. The fall season is about to start and we all soon have to make some decisions on what to buy, if anything.

Post subject: Re: Tribal Fire
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm 

I think its going to replace the Venom Toxin. Just my guess

Motiv Equipment:
Primal TV4
SR2
Venom Toxin
QZ2 Blue
Ascent Apex
Ascent Solid
Recon Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am 

I agree, probably replacing the Toxin. If you go to the Balls page, you will see that it is in the Light-Medium category right beside the Toxin.

That said, I would not use the Ball Guide to choose a ball. Just watch some videos and see how the ball reacts for them. The more you watch, the more you can grasp what the ball will do. Unfortunately, I think there is just the official one at the moment. I know sometimes I question why a certain ball is in a particular spot on the Guide.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:01 pm 

Wonder why Motiv can't tell us that now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 pm 

Light Medium Oil, Delayed Hook, Hybrid Coverstock...All three common elements between the Venom Shock and the Tribal Fire.

Since the ball chart is broken down by condition and projected reaction I am thinking that Bowling_Chef's guess is pretty good on the probability scale.

IDK and not trying to be funny or smart, but maybe Motiv is thinking this should be pretty obvious by the information given. But I guess I can appreciate your perspective jerrylee300, it is better to hear from the source than to just speculate and assume.

Just my 2 Lincolns,

H1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:49 pm 

Thanks for the Lincolns. Not all of us are engineers so reading a spec sheet isn't always so helpful. Some of us are visual folks who can understand things better when they can see them. And, Motiv has two different presentations for their balls: The Ball Guide and the Ball Listing. The Ball Guide makes it much easier to understand the intended reaction for each piece of equipment produced. The Ball List just lumps balls under different oil conditions, helpful but not as much. Anyway, hard to see how it would take more than 5 minutes to put any new ball on the Ball Guide.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 am 

I agree, w/u jerrylee300, the Ball Guide chart is a really good tool to view & understand how the "intended" reaction of the ball line compares to one another. As Motiv continues their improvement in ball reaction, current balls in the line may move sections w/in the chart or be retired. That is most likely the case w/the Venom Toxin.
However, the Tribal Fire is not officially due out until Aug. 27th. What do you think would happen to the sales of the remaining Toxin's out there if they took it off the chart 1 1/2 to 2 months before the replacement ball is released?? The Toxin is a good ball for its intended purpose but would probably be harder to sale. Motiv wouldn't be happy if they had Toxins in their warehouse inventory and pro shop owners would definitely not be happy having discontinued balls in their inventory.
Unfortunately, too much info on future releases gets released too early. They may have the best intentions but may not understand how it effects ball sales. I m sure we all want Motiv to be successful so I hope you understand alittle better why they do what they do w/regards to the chart.

PS: I have one Venom Toxin 15# left in my pro shop if anyone is interested. PM me :)

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:04 pm 

Good points. Had not thought about it from a seller's perspective only a buyer's viewpoint. You're right, it would probably kill sales of the ball any new ball is to replace. Regardless of when it is put on the Ball Guide, I still find the Ball Guide more useful than the product list. You''re probably correct also that too much info is available too soon on any new ball. Very hard to keep secrets anymore. Still, I like to know what will be available, especially this time of the year, as soon as I can. I wish most new releases would hit about mid-July, in time to get a new ball and break it in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 am 

Bob Michalojko wrote:
I agree, w/u jerrylee300, the Ball Guide chart is a really good tool to view & understand how the "intended" reaction of the ball line compares to one another. As Motiv continues their improvement in ball reaction, current balls in the line may move sections w/in the chart or be retired. That is most likely the case w/the Venom Toxin.
However, the Tribal Fire is not officially due out until Aug. 27th. What do you think would happen to the sales of the remaining Toxin's out there if they took it off the chart 1 1/2 to 2 months before the replacement ball is released?? The Toxin is a good ball for its intended purpose but would probably be harder to sale. Motiv wouldn't be happy if they had Toxins in their warehouse inventory and pro shop owners would definitely not be happy having discontinued balls in their inventory.
Unfortunately, too much info on future releases gets released too early. They may have the best intentions but may not understand how it effects ball sales. I m sure we all want Motiv to be successful so I hope you understand alittle better why they do what they do w/regards to the chart.

PS: I have one Venom Toxin 15# left in my pro shop if anyone is interested. PM me :)

Though I do agree with the marketing side of this, I wonder if it is really that much of a concern. The Venom Toxin is going to go away, it is just a matter of time. And I am sure Motiv has known for a while what the replacement was going to be so there isn't any more production of the Toxin either. Once the Tribal Fire was announced (not released), everyone will be waiting for that ball since it will be the newer and better ball. So whether it is today or August 27, the desire for the Toxin will go down once the Tribal Fire is announced.

What Motiv could do, or at least the shop owners, is market the Toxin where it would fit with all of the newer balls out. Even though the Tribal Fire will probably replace the Toxin in the lineup, it will also be significantly stronger too (my guess). So instead of marketing the Toxin as the fit between the newer Tribal and newer Venom Shock, market it as the step between the Venom Shock and the Ascent line. That is where it truly fits in today's lineup.

Online Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]