MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Primal Rage "Red Ball" Turns Pink
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:05 am 

Has anyone experience this with their Motiv balls? I just did a resurfacing on my Primal Rage and the color of the ball turned from Red to a pink. I then gave it a hot water bath to remove oil and it still looks pink, if not more pink. I've resurfaced and given hot water baths to a lot of balls and have yet to have one change colors until now. I should mention that I did the same for my Primal Scream with no change in the color. Does it have something to do with the red coverstock; I can't believe that the red coloring is only on the top service? I welcome any feedback. I hope that it is not a flaw in the coverstock materials and won't affect the balls performance; I'll be rolling it on Monday to check it out.
Attachment:
2014-09-06 16.30.20.jpg
2014-09-06 16.30.20.jpg [ 34.17 KiB | Viewed 2215 times ]

Thanks,

David

Post subject: Re: Primal Rage "Red Ball" Turns Pink
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:19 pm 

This is really strange, almost like it was bleached. I've had my Rage refinished twice and its still red. Eager to hear from the tech folks on this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6960&p=16035&hilit=color+phasing#p16035

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:24 pm 

Update:

The picture I took of my "Pink Ball", lol, was after taking the surface down to 500 Abralon and then giving it a hot water bath. Funny thing, I didn't notice any change in the Neomark colors, only the main ball color. Anyway, after a 24-hour drying period, I completed the refinishing with the higher grits and polish and some of the red color began to show again especially after the polishing. I bowled 3 games with it this afternoon and it appears that once it began to absorb oil, more of the red began to show and the ball became slightly darker, but not nearly the red that the ball displayed before beginning the resurfacing. I think that with more games on the ball, more oil absorption and cleaning with ball cleaner, I believe that more of the red pigment will appear, at least I hope so.

I can't call my Primal Rage the "Red Ball" just yet, but its gotten back enough of its original color that my friends won't call it my girly ball or my wife's ball (lol). I was never worried that the color change would affect the ball reaction; had it been any color change than pink, I wouldn't have gave it much thought.

Thanks for all of your input. After resurfacing my Primal Scream and Primal Rage, I'm ready to begin a new league season next week; we play our current season final tomorrow night. I also have a Sigma Tour, but it hasn't warranted needing a resurfacing as yet.

David

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 pm 

Funny, I like the way it looks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 pm 

Mine looks pink too after hitting it with any Abralon pad. After oil from the lane touched the ball it went back to red after a few shots....

Anytime you add surface to a ball it changes the vividness of the color.

Genesis Staff
Bowlifi Staff
Bowlerx.com Staff

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]