MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Low Revs Player new to bowling Arsenal Advice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm 

I am very new to bowling but I have purchased 4 Motiv pieces. Cruel Intent, Sigma Sting, Thrash Frenzy, and Ascent Apex. The center I bowl at seems to always have dry lanes except on my Thursday Night League which I can at least use the cruel Intent ball for the 1st game then I have to switch to either the thrash or the sting but by the third game all these pieces are too much and if I strike it is always brooklyn. So my question is I just purchased the Ascent Apex I really like the cruel intent and I am very fond of the Sigma sting. In your opinion would the Ascent Apex be a good fit for these other two pieces and I know what I may be asking is very vague but just looking for an opinion and some direction. If you need further info on how the balls are drilled I can do my best to give that but like I said I am a newbie to a lot of this but I love to bowl.

Post subject: Re: Low Revs Player new to bowling Arsenal Advice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:48 pm 

You seem to have a decent progression from strong (Cruel Intent) to weak (Ascent Apex), even though there are all pearl.

I do feel the Ascent Apex and the Thrash Frenzy are pretty close to the same strength on THS.

If you are low revs as you say and always go Brooklyn, then I am wondering if you need some help in how to attack the shot. A good coach is 99% of the time more valuable than a good ball. Find one you like (and is also respected) and find a way to approach the shot you have. If you have the 4 balls listed, you have pretty much all you need for now. You just may need to learn how to use them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:14 pm 

Thank you very very much that sounds like a winner. I am going to look into a coach!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 am 

I completely agree with spmcgivern. An hour with a USBC certified coach is more valuable than any bowling ball.

http://www.bowl.com/findacoach/

Welcome to MOTIVnation.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]