MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Replacement for Sigma Tour
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 pm 

The old Sigma Tour has bout had it. I am looking for a ball that will react very, very similar. Someone recommendon recommended a Foreza. Any other pieces of advice? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Replacement for Sigma Tour
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:16 am 

Forza could work, but realize even though the Forza occupies a similar spot in today's arsenal, it is significantly stronger. Do you want a ball that reacts just like your old Sigma Tour, or do you want a ball that is in the middle of line up?

If you want a ball like your old Sigma Tour, then I would perhaps go with a Venom Shock and pay attention to the cover. Adjust the cover to get what you want as far as length.

If you want a middle of the road ball, then I would recommend the Forza Redline over the Forza. Reason being the Redline allows you to attack a wider variety of shots and is more versatile (kinda the same thing).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I should have added that I have a Primal Scream in my bag. The only two balls I carry, other than my Roto Grip Spare Tire. Based on that, are the recommendations still the same?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:04 pm 

The Primal Scream was a bit more angular than the Sigma Tour so yes, I would still recommend the Venom Shock with the Primal Scream being what you went with when the Venom Shock started to burn up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:35 pm 

Good Luck replacing the Sigma Tour, I put about 400 games on mine. Hands down, the best ball I've ever had. I had a chance for a NIB, but I thought the guy was asking too much money (he sold it, so I guess I was wrong there).

I would think the Shock might be too early, as my Tour had a pretty late reaction. That being said, I've tried the gear core in 3 other balls with little success. It's just not for me. I think spmcgivern's suggestion of a Shock/Scream combo is a good idea, but I don't think you'll see a Sigma Tour like reaction.

Using the same layout w/ similar ball specs:
Sigma Sting was similar reaction but considerably stronger.
Ascent Apex (Blue) covers the same boards, but reacts earlier.
Tribal Fire is stronger and earlier.

I have a Forza Redline that I'll be drilling up this week. I'm also considering a Tag as possible replacement.

Welcome to forum Uncle Wayne, and good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:48 pm 

I agree Jon.

The Shock would be earlier with OOB, but can be closer to the Sigma Tour with a little less surface. At the same time, the OP didn't specify how the Sigma Tour reacted for him (drilling and surface). But as far as strength is concerned, I feel the Venom Shock is close.

I bet the Panic is closer in reaction but from what I have seen, the Shock is a better all-around ball, especially considering the OP has a Scream also to go to when the Shock starts to burn up. Those two balls together give a wider range of coverage.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]