MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ball color combinations
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:28 pm 

Even though I know performance is what really matters, I feel like I need to like the way the ball looks (even the ball name) if I want to have confidence in it. Just like your car or your house or whatever, you want it to look good. I was really looking forward to the ball that would fill the Sigma Sting spot on the chart, but when I saw the Redline, I decided to pass on it. Just my preference....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:04 am 

todvan wrote:
Even though I know performance is what really matters, I feel like I need to like the way the ball looks (even the ball name) if I want to have confidence in it. Just like your car or your house or whatever, you want it to look good. I was really looking forward to the ball that would fill the Sigma Sting spot on the chart, but when I saw the Redline, I decided to pass on it. Just my preference....

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. If the looks of a ball affect your confidence, then so be it.

But hopefully, bowlers will be able to look at a particular bowling ball like they do actual tools, which is what the bowling ball is. When I need a flat-head screwdriver, I use a flat-head screwdriver, not a phillips. If I need to pull out a nail, I use a hammer. I can use a pair of pliers, but it isn't the best tool for the job. And in bowling, if I need a strong even rolling symmetrical for medium-medium/heavy, I use the Covert Revolt. I might be able to use a Jackal and move left or use a Forza and move right. But the best ball for the task is the Covert Revolt. Regardless of the color, the Covert Revolt is the ball to use.

Colors are there for marketing only. If they affected performance then all bowling balls would be whatever color provided the best performance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:11 pm 

One of my big motivators is the color of the ball. Example the new motiv tag, nasty I think. Living here in Phx market the last thing I want to see is any more tagging around town or in my BAG.
The 1st ball that color rocked me was the venom Toxin, wow its in your face.
Motiv for the most parts have good scents and color combo's.
That is why for now I'm throwing only Motiv.
I clean my balls after every session so they perform for me
in the best way. So for me No ugly balls, they remind me of a fat girl in a red dress :(..

1. Jackal
Shock
Sniper
Toxin- 2 one right handed and one left handed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:08 am 

I won't buy a ball for it's color, but the color can prevent me from buying the ball.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2