MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Original Forza Surface Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:36 am 

I have the Forza not the redline. And the question I have, if the Forza surface is resurfaced down to 500 and up to 5000 will it be like the redline.

Currently my forza starts up to early and is to close to my revolt. I like the way the redline rolls, But before I mess with the forza surface, I would like some imput from guys that may have done this. Or are they completely differant surfaces.

I would just hate to keep a ball that gets very little use and go buy a redline, if i can alter the Forza and get to use it. Thanks in advance for any input or help on the topic.

PAP - 5" over, 1" up
16-17mph - 400rpm

Post subject: Re: Original Forza Surface Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 pm 

You can try to polish it, but I think it will still end up being a little earlier than the Redline. The original Forza is a very early hooking ball. The pearl cover on the Redline really helps it get down lane. I did shine up my Forza to 4K, and it did help it get down lane though. Quite different than its box finish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:53 pm 

So it sound like if 4k made that big of a differance, 5k may get it close to the redline....

PAP - 5" over, 1" up
16-17mph - 400rpm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:07 am 

I am not sure 5000 will get it close to the Redline. It will be closer, but not the same ball.

Polishing the ball, or putting 4000, on the ball will put the Forza more in between your Revolt and the Redline. I think the goal would be to have a good transition of equipment. Revolt - Forza - Redline would be a great combination. What you should try to do is get the Forza close to the middle between the Revolt and Redline.

If you are trying to justify NOT buying the Redline, then polishing the Forza will give you greater separation from your Revolt. Whether or not it is enough to justify not buying the Redline is unknown.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:40 pm 

For anyone that had a simular question, i put 4000 on my forza and polished it. Got it fairly close to redline. I was only trying to make the ball fit in my line up without another purchase. It worked for my intended purpose. Thanks for the responses

PAP - 5" over, 1" up
16-17mph - 400rpm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 am 

Glad it worked for you. Not everyone needs every ball in the lineup to make things work for them. You were able to give you a good look without purchasing a new ball.

Just be sure to keep the surface fresh. Polished equipment will wear down to 3000-4000 (depending on the lanes you bowl) and you will need to keep the surface where you want it often. I would probably refresh (not resurface) every 10-15 games. But that is me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am 

I brought mine up to 4000 as well, made all the difference in the world getting down the lane. But, my biggest problem is, this ball taps me beyond understanding (up/back/sideways/left/right i've moved everywhichwayucan). :?:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:10 pm 

Does it really take that long to log a post....gzzzzz

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]