MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Motiv Octane Burn
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:15 am 

Built for light to medium oil, the Octane Burn provides more length than the Forza Redline and the Venom Panic, while delivering a strong and angular backend motion.
The Blue Flame pearl cover stock on the Octane™ Burn features our new Helix™ SFP Reactive technology. Complimented with a 5500 Grit LSP finish, this cover is clean with a strong response to friction. Compared to the original Octane, while being angular, this new shell has a slightly smoother transition and does offer a little more control.
The Octane™ Burn is powered by the Quadfire™ weight block, which provides a 2.55 RG for easy length and a .043 differential to generate the right amount of track flare.
For the typical bowler, the Octane™ Burn will be a great piece to switch to when the house shot breaks down and friction levels increase. This is a ball built to play the burn. Competitive bowlers may like this new Burn edition of the Octane better than the original because the transition at the backend is slightly more controlled so shot consistency is improved.

Performance: Light-Medium Oil / Angular Motion
Inner Core: Quadfire™
Coverstock: Helix™ SFP Pearl Reactive – NEW!
Finish: 5500 Grit LSP
15# RG: 2.55;
Diff: .043

Release Date: December 9, 2015

Attachments:
MOB2.JPG
MOB2.JPG [ 63.5 KiB | Viewed 7208 times ]
MOB1.JPG
MOB1.JPG [ 68 KiB | Viewed 7208 times ]

Post subject: Re: Motiv Octane Burn
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:35 pm 

It sure is purty!

Yep, I'll be getting one. Even though I didn't care much for the original Octane.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm 

I anticipate a more Thrash Frenzy type reaction than the original Octane. I got the impression from others that they tried to use the Octane on too oily or too wet/dry of a condition. This is not what the ball was intended. It was more of a transition ball once the shot got to a certain point.

The new Octane may be more friendly in the sense the bowler will get more use on these type of conditions, even though it still won't be intended for them.

The one thing I am surprised about is the retaining of the Octane name. After the general dislike of the first, I figured it would have been a one-and-done for the Octane name.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 pm 

I too will be trying this one out. It should be the reaction shape I'm looking for on my league's THS. My Redline is simply too strong and a little early on that particular pattern. I'm really looking forward to this release.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:01 pm 

This ball will be perfect for my cranker style. The venom shock can read much to early at times, so an octane burn drilled right will give me more than enough length... I am also excited to see the new coverstock and its reaction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 am 

I'm back at university, so not bowling much ATM. (3 games a week for a friend who broke his shoulder, actually.) But I might just put some holes in one of these. I've been murdering the house shot with a Graffiti Tag with a 3" pin to PAP layout 2 games out of 3, but need something for the third game once sandpaper squadron has carpet bombed the track area and I need to step into the puddle.

As the QZ-2 is in my top 5 balls of all time (still in my tournament kit - too good for league!), the idea of a stronger and round shaped cover on the Quadfire core pricked my ears up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:34 pm 

It's my hope that the change from the original Octane to this ball mirrors the differences between the Primal Rage and Remix. If so, then I will be using this ball as my step down ball after the Remix starts to get too strong.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]