MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Ball help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm 

Hello. Have a friend who is currently using a Crux Pearl & IQ Nano.
Wants something to allow him to stay right longer, but not be too snappy down lane. Was thinking of the Venom Panic. THS pattern
Bowlers stats - rough guess: RH, speed: average to a bit below avg,
AT: probably 10*, AR: 40-50*
Layout of: 60-70* x 4 1/2" x 35-40* Thoughts? Or is there a better ball? Thanks!

On another topic, been throwing my Covert Revolt that last 6-7 weeks & ball is rolling great. Any thoughts on a ball above it & below it, to start building up a Motive arsenal? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Ball help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:27 pm 

In general, any ball weaker will be able to stay right longer. Using the Panic will do this, however, not knowing how/where he plays the lanes when playing outside it could be difficult in making a suggestion.

Some like to throw something even rolling if they are playing the dry early. This will prevent the ball from losing energy real fast like what you will get when using something skid/snap. Think of a short sport pattern, you don't want a skid snap ball regardless of strength.

Some may like to stay in the oil a little more, effectively playing the end of the pattern instead of the dry outside. In these instances having a ball that reacts quickly to the dry can be beneficial. If you used the ball from above your ball may not ever get into the correct roll.

As far as the Panic is concerned, it isn't the most skid/snap ball in the lineup, and also not the most even rolling. Even at its strength in the lineup. But I wouldn't discount the Venom Shock which is a bit more versatile and can have its cover adjusted to accommodate a larger variety of lines when compared to the Panic.

Good luck to you and your friend.

Post subject: Re: Ball help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:44 pm 

As for you having a ball above and below the Covert Revolt:

Personally, I like to have my weaker balls (of 3) be even rolling and my stronger balls (of 3) to be more skid/snap type balls. If my middle ball was the Covert Revolt, I would probably lean toward the Forza as my ball below and either the Revolt Vengeance or Primal Remix above.

When playing a ball like the Forza, many will not be able to play large launch angles and still have the ball return with enough to carry consistently. Thus a lot of bowlers will play more direct. When playing more direct, even on heavier conditions, you will cover less boards and may not need a super strong ball. The Forza allows this more direct route and is versatile enough to play some inside lines.

The Vengeance is the more versatile of the balls in its line and can be used when the Covert Revolt is burning up. If you want a bigger gap in reaction shape above the Revolt, then the Remix is the ball. A bit stronger overall and can definitely play the inside lines without much issue.

Good luck!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]