MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello, MotivNation!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm 

Hey all, been poking around in these forums since hearing of the Motiv line a month ago. I cannot wait to get my first Motiv ball, more than likely an SR2 to replace my aging Angular One (I love this ball!).
I do have a friend that is looking for a ball, however, and was hoping I told him correctly. He has a lot of revs, but because of a lingering injury, he can't throw very fast. Don't have exact numbers for you, sorry. I suggested one of the Quadfires or Recons for him. I figured a fairly aggressive core with a not so aggressive coverstock would be best. Do you agree with my recommendations? Hard to give advice based on stat sheets w/o seeing the ball hit the lanes. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Post subject: Re: Hello, MotivNation!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 am 

balr16 wrote:
Hey all, been poking around in these forums since hearing of the Motiv line a month ago. I cannot wait to get my first Motiv ball, more than likely an SR2 to replace my aging Angular One (I love this ball!).
I do have a friend that is looking for a ball, however, and was hoping I told him correctly. He has a lot of revs, but because of a lingering injury, he can't throw very fast. Don't have exact numbers for you, sorry. I suggested one of the Quadfires or Recons for him. I figured a fairly aggressive core with a not so aggressive coverstock would be best. Do you agree with my recommendations? Hard to give advice based on stat sheets w/o seeing the ball hit the lanes. Thank you and Happy New Year!

If you check out Justin's Videos on you tube it will give you a good idea of what each ball will do. I just thought that would be a good starting point for ya!

Gt1 - 1-300 1-289 1-287 1-280 5-279
Rx1(Orange)
Sr2 - 1-290 1-279
Tv4 added!50x45@4.75" - 1-289 2-279
Venom Toxin MOtion hole 1-276 1-300(p)
4 - 300's 1 practice
high series 791-796-785-824

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 am 

Sr2 is BOSS!!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 am 

THE SR2 IS THEE MAJOR TALK OF MOTIVNATION! JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS NOTICED!! TALK GOES FROM SR2 TO TR2 TO THE CRUEL THEN GT1! THE OTHERS ARE RARELY TALKED ABOUT! WHAT A PITTY! WEL WELCOME TO THE NATION!!

QZ2
BACKDRAFT BAG
QZ1
QZ1
GT1
Thrash
Sniper BAG
Venom Toxin BAG
2 Cruel BAG
Ascent BAG
Revolt (300) BAG
Primal TV4 (NIB)
QZ2 (NIB)
Silver & Black Recon (NIB)
Rage (NIB)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:26 am 

First, welcome to Motiv-nation, bair16. Me thinks you'll be happy here & be glad you came aboard. The SR2 is an excellent choice to jump into the Motiv line. Great 'benchmark' ball. Takes to surface adjustments reall well also. To go longer, try the QZ2 or Recons. Both will get down the lane further than the SR2 but have a nice move on the backend, especially the QZ2. Need more traction? Try the Cruel or TR2. Both strong balls in the juice w/heavy rolls. You will have a complete arsenal w/these balls. Again, welcome & good luck!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 am 

balr16 wrote:
He has a lot of revs, but because of a lingering injury, he can't throw very fast. Don't have exact numbers for you, sorry. I suggested one of the Quadfires or Recons for him. I figured a fairly aggressive core with a not so aggressive coverstock would be best. Do you agree with my recommendations?

Nobody answered on that one... I'll answer... Yes, we'd prefer to see more stats on him, but if he's got a lot of revs, and not much speed, a quadfire ball would be recommended. I'd say the qz2 for benchmark, and the silver recon for drier shots. So you had a pretty good guess for him it seems like.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm 

Thank you, Jaydub! I hate giving wrong advice, glad to have some backing!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]