MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Driller Experiences!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 pm 

Gunner wrote:
my driller experience... I got into bowling when I was about 12 years old and right off the back was taking it seriously. I threw around a Columbia White Dot for a while. My dad told me if I can learn to strike with that, I will be ready for something high performance. Couple years later, I got a Track Enforcer. After a few games of practice with it, a big ol' chunk of skin came off my thumb. On top of the thumb and underneath. I told the driller and he told me to put new skin on and that it was normal when starting out. I said the heck with this. I don't know how but, I ended up in Wicks Pro Shop in Dallas. I showed Tom Wicker my thumb and we started from there. The first ball he drilled for me I had no issues with my thumb at all. I could focus on bowling. He has been drilling my bowling equipment all these years until he showed me how to drill. So, I am now learning the skill underneath the guy that saved my thumb years ago. Gotta love it!!!

Great story!

Motiv ITB: C51(@500), Recon RX-1Pumpkin(2000)
Primal TV4 on release! Just waiting for it to come in!
also ITB: Mission, Track 300c, 900Global Link s30, Blue Ice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 pm 

Brother you can't beat a story of someone passing the torch such as Mr Wicker is passing His torch to you. How I would love to meet you and go over my layout and see if you could amp up my cruel. I would give you the first shot on my second drill on this ball.
Gunner wrote:
my driller experience... I got into bowling when I was about 12 years old and right off the back was taking it seriously. I threw around a Columbia White Dot for a while. My dad told me if I can learn to strike with that, I will be ready for something high performance. Couple years later, I got a Track Enforcer. After a few games of practice with it, a big ol' chunk of skin came off my thumb. On top of the thumb and underneath. I told the driller and he told me to put new skin on and that it was normal when starting out. I said the heck with this. I don't know how but, I ended up in Wicks Pro Shop in Dallas. I showed Tom Wicker my thumb and we started from there. The first ball he drilled for me I had no issues with my thumb at all. I could focus on bowling. He has been drilling my bowling equipment all these years until he showed me how to drill. So, I am now learning the skill underneath the guy that saved my thumb years ago. Gotta love it!!!

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am 

About 2 years ago now I had Justin drill me up a Track 505A, at this time I new nothing about Motiv (very green). Justin took the time to have me throw a few down the half lane to find my PAP/Axis, laid everything out in front of me, explained why he was doing what he was doing and then punched it up. About a month later I was still very green and didn't understand that its good to remain with one Driller and had a QZ1R drilled up by another proshop (less of a drive at the time), at the time I was happy until I had more drilled by this proshop, they apparently just kept copying the original ball Justin had drilled for me, however everything seemed to feel different off my hand. Took everything back to Justin (finally lived 5 minutes from his shop), he went through everything and found all the spans to be different. Justin fixed everything the best he could and took the time to document all of my layouts and reassess my span and make sure we were where we need to be.

Justin even stayed late one night to punch up a spare ball I needed for an upcoming tournament, not only was he late for league but I also left with a new micro towel with a rather familiar orange M on it.....

Motiv is putting together a great staff, and for me personally, I will only buy Motiv as a result of the hard work and help I and we all get from them

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 am 

No bad experiences here.I drill all my stuff.

This topic is so much better than:look how stupid the
ignorant customer is subject.Do most bowlers that come
into pro shops know that much;no.It's up to the drillers
to inform them,not make fun of them after the leave.

How many of us know everything.When need something
fixed we call someone or go someplace to have the
products fixed.It's up to us to learn as much as possible
about the items,so we don't get ripped off.But still,most
of us are still ignorant about the product needing to be
repaired.

So what good does it do, for pro shop owners and employees
to make fun of "PAYING" customers that bring balls in to be
drilled,etc.Inform them.If they don't want to listen,then we
need to learn how to communicate better to make our point.

There is no need to post messages on bowling forums
with audio of customers that are not informed.That is just
showing how little regard you have for your customers.And
it makes you look small.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:20 am 

Great story I have watched Justins Videos and found that he is not only a great tech but a great bowler. All those that have been served by Justin has had high regard for him and now we may just have another ball puncher that has the same attitude about Motiv equipment and and Bowling as Justin does and his name is Gunner. He is out of Dallas and we will be getting together to see if he is the next of the next... so get watching and I will keep you informed as to how he will or tries to help my game. .....................To Be Continued.....................

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2