MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Jackal LE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14 am 

Just curious if the jackal LE will only be for replacement purposes or will it be available for sale as well?

Post subject: Re: Jackal LE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:08 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:43 am 

Hahaha. Good one.

As of now, there has not been any notice stating the Jackal LE will be available for purchase. However, given the right price, I am willing to bet some of the bowlers who will receive a Jackal LE will part with said ball. Hard part will be trying to find those bowlers who would relinquish their ball.

Good Luck!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 pm 

There is a "price" posted on the website which makes me wonder if they will eventually decide to let the public grab a few. Which honestly would upset me because this ball was designed to be specifically for those who lost their Jackals in the USBC revocation. Which made them unique and special. If everyone is allowed to have it or even a small portion it loses its quality. But we shall have to see what the outcome is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm 

Actually, there was confirmation that a limited number would be available for purchase. I will hunt down the email when I have a moment and post the exact language. If it hasn't changed then the answer to public availability is yes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1180148882006553&set=pcb.1180149292006512&type=3&theater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 am 

hideous1 wrote:
Actually, there was confirmation that a limited number would be available for purchase. I will hunt down the email when I have a moment and post the exact language. If it hasn't changed then the answer to public availability is yes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1180148882006553&set=pcb.1180149292006512&type=3&theater

If Motiv offers them for sale to the public before those of us who are waiting for a replacement receive ours, then I'm going to have to reconsider my choice of equipment. If I see our local PBA guys with them before I receive my replacements, then I will also have to reconsider my choice of equipment.

I've been using Motiv since the GT1, but I'm personally very disappointed in how this has been handled from the beginning.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:24 pm 

I can't say I would blame you milo if that was was your decision. I understand why many feel Motiv could have handled the issue better, but to me, it was handled as I expected. I just wish Motiv would have been a little more forthright in their decision-making process.

But yes, customers should get the LE before anyone else. But at the same time, some of the guys you see at regionals bought Jackals also. Chances are they will be replaced in order of the dates of the replacement requests and some of those may be wannabe Motiv staffers at regionals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 am 

Can't blame you either, I'm a little frustrated with how this has been handled as well. My issue is the lack of communication & updates on the status of the replacement program. Late May, Motiv posts a message that they'll be having a meeting in June with the USBC to reinstate the Jackal & Carnage. Then a month later, I get an e-mail on 6/24 saying that they're still working with the USBC to get both reinstated. Finally I get an e-mail 8/11 that the Jackal & Carnage won't be reinstated, what the particulars are on the new Jackal LE, & that "the ball will be produced and shipped to pro shops as soon as possible. It is expected that Jackal LE balls will be shipped to pro shops before the end of September.". Since I filled out the replacement form the day it was posted, I figured they'd be shipped in order of receipt, then on 9/8 I see an Instagram post of EJ Tackett qualifying for the Detroit open TV finals holding a brand new Jackal LE, so I assumed that my replacement would be shipping soon, but still no word from Motiv on that. Motiv should've sent an additional e-mail out saying that production of the new balls has begun & that EJ would be using an early release of it during Detroit Open competition. I've already heard a lot of griping from people saying EJ's got his, where's mine? I'm already three weeks into the new season & have had to pull my Raptor Talon out of retirement, again. Had I known sooner that when they say "before the end of September" means the very end of September, I would've pre-ordered the Trident so I had something for the beginning of the season, now it looks more & more like I won't have my replacement until after week 6. Still Motivated, just a little frustrated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:22 pm 

My Jackal LE replacements arrived on Thursday, Sept 22nd. My pro shop received 25 of them. I looked through the entire shipment and am happy to report that all of the 25 were first rate balls. No odd top weights(all between 2.5 and 3.5 ozs), the pin lengths were very good "middle of the road" options of 2.5" to 4" and every ball had the Pin/GC/MB in a straight line.

Thank you Motiv.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:19 pm 

I do not know your concerns, Milo, Motiv has proven itself a first-rate company time & again. They have found themselves in a rare & unique situation, never before experienced by any ball manufacture so PLEASE cut them alittle slack if it all doesn't happen as you believe it should. They are trying to correct the situation as best possible and it is costing them unimaginable amount of money. If you are do a replacement ball, I am sure your pro shop guy will notify you as soon as he gets them. Let's all relax and let them do what they need to do. They have always put the customer first.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next