MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Octane Carbon
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:08 am 

I see this ball introduced at on-line pro shops but no mention of it here at Motiv's own site. These happens with just about every new ball released by Motiv: We see at pro shops before seeing it at the home site. Still, I've never figured out why this occurs. They are different balls and I doubt the sale of one of them will impact the sale of the other. Also, its a shame this forum has, for all practical purposes, been ignored by Motiv faithful for quite some time now. I get it: Facebook and the other on-line media sites are more "in" right now. But, I prefer this forum over any of the other social media sites. Guess I'm pretty much alone in that feeling. Too bad, this used to be a must read everyday.

Post subject: Re: Octane Carbon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:36 pm 

I am in the same boat. I have a shortcut to this forum on Chrome and check it daily, at least during the week. Unfortunately, it isn't as popular. For those that are regulars here, we are usually the ones that answer questions instead of posing them. Motiv is pushing the Facebook side more than this so those new to Motiv will naturally start there.

As to your original question, Motiv usually doesn't post new stuff officially to the site till the release date gets close. In theory, Motiv is still trying to push the United Revolt as the new release. Once the release date to the new Octane Carbon gets closer, it will appear here. Online shops get the information early to prep their site with the data.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:40 pm 

After years of Motiv doing this I'm sure they won't change the way they do things. But, when you watch a bowler win a major championship with a ball you've never heard of then go look for the ball and come up empty, you'd think Motiv would want to know about the ball. Its not like the United and the Carbon are direct competitors so why would Motiv care if both balls were shown at the same time? Other manufacturers often introduce several balls at a time. I check out the Facebook page every now and then and find little of interest on it. Not nearly as informative as this forum used to be when the staffers routinely contributed. I think you and I are just about the only non-pros left on the forum. Too bad methinks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 pm 

The TV equipment can be different, especially when the WSOB goes on since they are shown later. But most companies will have future equipment on the telecasts. The tournament schedule doesn't always jive with the marketing schedule.

And I kinda like Motiv's release schedule. I agree it is odd to see equipment on TV that isn't going to be released for upwards of 3-4 months, but it is what it is.

And due to recent rule changes, if you were to enter the National events, then the equipment would be available to you. No longer can staff members have access to different equipment than non-staff. Or that is my understanding.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]