MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Flex Tape
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 am 

My PSO turned me on to a sample pack of Flex Tape (containing 2 pieces each for slow release, medium release and fast release).
As I have absolutely no experience with wearing thumb tape, I do want to ask what the advantages are?
Does a bowler wear the tape that best suits his/her release or are there other criteria (perhaps depending on the lane conditions at that moment or for any other reason)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Flex Tape
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 pm 

I use tape on my thumb to provide a consistent release. When I am off on my release, I usually grip the ball and can cause excessive wear on the back of my thumb. By using tape, I provide a "slicker" surface for my thumb causing the release to be better.

The tape makes my thumbhole tighter, yet also slicker. Most bowlers I know experiment with different types to see what they like the most. Once they find one they like, they usually stick with it. I will now adjust my thumbhole for fit assuming tape on my thumb. I will not use different pieces to change my fit.

I hope that was helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 pm 

Yes, thank you for the helpful info. Now I need to try 1/2" and 3/4" tape to see which width works best.
Since my thumb is rather narrow, I have the feeling that 1" is too wide. Thankfully that's easy to determine.
Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:32 pm 

glidemeister wrote:
Yes, thank you for the helpful info. Now I need to try 1/2" and 3/4" tape to see which width works best.
Since my thumb is rather narrow, I have the feeling that 1" is too wide. Thankfully that's easy to determine.
Thanks again for your help.

It is easy to find 1" tape and you can always cut it to the exact width you need. Just keep a small pair of scissors in your accessory bag.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]