MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Are you Motivated?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm 

You know I have read here on the forum and facebook that people have a ball or two (that are probably more than a year old) say that they are going to try and go with a total Motiv arsenal.

This confuses me, I mean if you have been bowling for any length of time I'm sure that you know a young bowler wanting to learn how to bowl or a person that wants to get back into bowling that has no equipment or means to get any equipment.
As we know one bowling ball company isn't necassarily going to put another major company out of business without buying them out or their products proving not to be what bowlers are looking for or not being any good for that matter.

So why not do someone a favor by helping them out and give them your old ball; show them a shot or two get them fired up about the game and then sell them on the idea that "now that your are into the swing of things or back into the swing of things I think your ready to graduate up to the best of the best, and I bowl with Motiv and you wont go wrong with this ball"

2 weeks before my Motiv Cruel C51 showed up at my front door I bought a brand new Track 505T (because I didn't know about how good Motiv was) I had it drilled and rolled a 298 with it in fact.

I gave that ball to a friend of mine from church.That put me at having only one ball and now I feel I am TRUELY Motivated. I haven't looked back since and believe it or not I have not one regrets from it.

So when you say you working on an all Motiv arsenal and there is a teen out there that should be in a Bowling Center instead of on the street and your using anything else other than Motiv... It just begs to question ARE YOU REALLY MOTIVATED :?: :?: :?:

Just something that popped in my head and I wanted to get the nations opinion.

ps please don't take offense I know some folks don't feel the way I do about passing the torch but to help someone out and to get them involved who will they ask for advice or whos advice will they take before anyone elses?

Peace

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

Post subject: Re: Are you Motivated?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm 

+1

All may old equipment is "given" to my youth bowlers,and youth
students.

Open the mind of the youth athletes of this sport,and you open
up many avenues.

I am very involved with the youth bowlers in Michigan.My goal
is to give them the same chance that MOTIV gave me.

Angela Wilt:MOTIV Staff Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 pm 

Hey guys, We are able to donate are stuff to our local juniors programs! Not only that we have several local highschools that are starting bowling programs that are in need of equipment! This is where my stuff goes! I love to see kids bowl no matter what! I was sooooo happy when my son picked up his first bowling ball! I will always try to help the next child whether he or she belongs to me or not!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 am 

I hate to be a jerk, but I sell mine. I've given a few away here and there, but if I can get some dough out of em, I do. Sorry. But, in my defense, ususally I sell them for pretty cheap, and people are very happy to get a reactive bowling ball for that cheap... I just sold my virtual gravity and my Storm Ace to a guy for 80 bucks total, and he was tickled to death, because he's just getting into bowling, and spending $200 on a ball wasn't in his budget.

I'm definitely not opposing what you guys are doing with the youth bowlers and others, I'm just saying what I do is also OK, in my opinion.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 am 

I am a youth director in Louisville and I've not sold a ball in years. Everything I have had has gone to a youth bowler or a member of my family. There are also others that donate balls to our program (in a lower income area of the Ville) and it's always appreciated.

However, I would never expect it from anyone and never have a problem with those who sell their equipment.

Those of use (like Motiv Girl and myself, and I am sure others who read, post or are staffers) who do those things for youth are helping our game rebound. The game has given a lot to me, my coaches in my past have given me a lot and I hope I can pass it on and try at every opportunity.

My thoughts and not a condemnation in anyway shape or form of what anyone else does.

Dug

BTM Youth Writer
Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
BWAA Member
SWBA Member
NCBCA Member
USBC Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am 

Jaydubbayu wrote:
I hate to be a jerk, but I sell mine. I've given a few away here and there, but if I can get some dough out of em, I do. Sorry. But, in my defense, ususally I sell them for pretty cheap, and people are very happy to get a reactive bowling ball for that cheap... I just sold my virtual gravity and my Storm Ace to a guy for 80 bucks total, and he was tickled to death, because he's just getting into bowling, and spending $200 on a ball wasn't in his budget.

I'm definitely not opposing what you guys are doing with the youth bowlers and others, I'm just saying what I do is also OK, in my opinion.

I agree with this as well as the thread starter... Hell, I'm selling my brother my Hammer Grind for $20 lol. But I gave him a Hammer Sauce and an old Spare ball AND my old 2 ball bag to get him into the sport. Finally got him to join one of my leagues, so he's officially getting into it now. But for the most part I give them away if i got them for cheap. But if it's a ball i spent good money on, then I'm selling it. I haven't owned that many balls, so the Grind is the only ball I have ever sold, and the others have been given away.

Now that I'm all Motiv, that's all i have in my possession except a Storm Invasion... Got that as a gift from my GF, don't want to hurt her feelings by selling it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 am 

Absolutely folks I too would never have a problem selling a ball or bag or such. Giving it away or selling it isn't really the whole point. If I could have sold mine when I decided to go all Motiv then I would have done the same, I mean I had almost 200 bucks in that ball lol. The guy that I gave it too said he would give me a 1st released Black Widow lol no thanks. Like I stated at the end of my post this was not meant to offend anyone It was just a question that popped in my head and wanted your opinion. :?

However, I would never expect it from anyone and never have a problem with those who sell their equipment.

Jaydubbayu wrote:

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:12 pm 

I will do both or even sometimes give it to an adult bowler that want higher end equipment but cant afford it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:10 pm 

That's exactly what it is all about... passing the torch or re-sparking the fire lets all stay Motivated
Randy T wrote:
I will do both or even sometimes give it to an adult bowler that want higher end equipment but cant afford it.

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 pm 

Randy! I'm also giving my used MOTIV balls to some of the
younger girls that are just out of youth.I'm coaching and mentoring
them.The are loving the MOTIV equipment,it is matching their
games just right.They are great young adults.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next