MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 7   [ 70 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

My ideal motiv spare ball is...... (PICK up to 2)
Ultra clear ball with neon orange M core 38%  38%  [ 46 ]
Black plastic with multiple M logo color options 15%  15%  [ 18 ]
Grey camo with neon orange or Green Logo 17%  17%  [ 20 ]
clear ball w/ round resin core with NEO MARK 13%  13%  [ 16 ]
black /white plastic swirl w/ Orange logo 11%  11%  [ 13 ]
other clear option (post idea then i'll add it to poll) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
other plastic option (post idea and i'll add it to poll) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
(cheaper option) plastic Viz-a-ball no neo mark 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 120
 Post subject: Re: Petition for a spare ball / how would you have it look
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm 

mralbin0 wrote:
I'm digging the camo idea... But with Motiv colors of course, not typical camo.

But i think it has to be something very unique and different. I say no go on the clear balls, every manufacturer out there has a clear spare ball. I think it has to scream attention, so it can catch peoples eye.

i think a clear ball is the fanciest way to attract, not every ball maker has a true clear ball. roto, storm, hammer, have full graphic balls with a thick clear shell wrapped around and some with a tint, (crown, globe, mainframe, team storm sparkle, hammer spider). I am talking about the clear balls that manufacturers use to make that have been discontinued and hard to find, for example,

track and one with a T in it, hammer had one long time ago with a hammer in it, storm had a football, Roto grip has the awesome spare tire ball, track made a sugar ray leonard glove one, ebonite had a bowling pin, and a bud bottle. (they still make the skull which had been overkileld by every comapny)

a fully clear ball with a huge neon orange motiv core will be an eye catcher. and also a novelty. for the people who dont want to spend a whole lot, a plastic ball with one logo is the way to go.

for people who are interested in these balls, know the price, its a novelty and there is a market. I am sure a ton of people would buy it. maybe make a limited number of them at a certain price point for a limited time, (have them numbered), then make you average everyday cheap ball for those who just want the M logo and basic plastic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm 

Jaydubbayu wrote:
I kinda feel sorry for Motiv. They put out great reactive equipment, and we keep screaming for a ball that does NOTHING!!!

lol, it's a must though for my arsenal... At least for me. And i'm a Motiv fanboy so i NEED it, like Apple fanboys need every Apple product on the market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:09 pm 

mmaloney23 wrote:
mralbin0 wrote:
I'm digging the camo idea... But with Motiv colors of course, not typical camo.

But i think it has to be something very unique and different. I say no go on the clear balls, every manufacturer out there has a clear spare ball. I think it has to scream attention, so it can catch peoples eye.

i think a clear ball is the fanciest way to attract, not every ball maker has a true clear ball. roto, storm, hammer, have full graphic balls with a thick clear shell wrapped around and some with a tint, (crown, globe, mainframe, team storm sparkle, hammer spider). I am talking about the clear balls that manufacturers use to make that have been discontinued and hard to find, for example,

track and one with a T in it, hammer had one long time ago with a hammer in it, storm had a football, Roto grip has the awesome spare tire ball, track made a sugar ray leonard glove one, ebonite had a bowling pin, and a bud bottle. (they still make the skull which had been overkileld by every comapny)

a fully clear ball with a huge neon orange motiv core will be an eye catcher. and also a novelty. for the people who dont want to spend a whole lot, a plastic ball with one logo is the way to go.

for people who are interested in these balls, know the price, its a novelty and there is a market. I am sure a ton of people would buy it. maybe make a limited number of them at a certain price point for a limited time, (have them numbered), then make you average everyday cheap ball for those who just want the M logo and basic plastic.

I mean i think the clear balls are cool and all, and they're definitely an eye catcher... I just want to see something different, there are a million clear balls out there with novelties as their core. Something bright and vivid, not like your everyday swirl balls that everyone has as their spare.

Regardless of what it is, i'd buy it though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm 

I don't bowl regionals or anything, so I don't HAVE to have a Motiv spareball. If they come out with a $120 spareball, and I can get another reactive ball in my lineup for $150 (Rx1 or qz), I'm going reactive every time. I might be off on the numbers, but you get my point.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm 

Jaydubbayu wrote:
I don't bowl regionals or anything, so I don't HAVE to have a Motiv spareball. If they come out with a $120 spareball, and I can get another reactive ball in my lineup for $150 (Rx1 or qz), I'm going reactive every time. I might be off on the numbers, but you get my point.

i think alot of people feel this way jay...

here is one... SX1 green color PEARLED with Jet black motiv logos

or i just thought of this..dont know how they do their molds so i dont know if this would work or not...do the motiv logo in a CLEAR so you kinda see the inside of the ball just in the motiv logos

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 pm 

I really like the camo idea! Orange and gray/black camo or digi camo would be sick! I vote yes... :)

-Pat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 pm 

Migraine777 wrote:
I really like the camo idea! Orange and gray/black camo or digi camo would be sick! I vote yes... :)

-Pat

that does sound cool, grey camo with orange logo, or the neon green from sx1.

Post subject: Re: *POLL* Petition for a spare ball /how would you have it look
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm 

I would like to poll Ultra clear ball with neon orange M core...I need myspare ball to be clear plastic cos I always sand my spare balls for playing outside for short oil... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: *NEW POLL-VOTE for your ideal MOTIV SPARE BALL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 pm 

surprised justin hasnt chimed in? what wuold you like to see? or maybe any inside info of one already in the works?

Post subject: Re: *NEW POLL-VOTE for your ideal MOTIV SPARE BALL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 am 

How about a Recon RP2 P = plastic. Use only one recon logo but under te RP2 have it say Special Eddition Plastic.

Color dosn't matter to me as long as it dosn't look like the Lane #1 XXXL stardust. Looks like a tossed salad, Yuck.

I can say that clear plastic ball do draw attention and Motiv needs as much buzz as we can get.

Perhaps just name the ball Motiv SEP1.

Would be cool to see an all clear plastic ball with two Motiv logos going about an inch deep and at the center put the recon core. Imagin the logos rolling down the lane. But that would be a $150+ spare type ball. I would buy it but most would not. Keep in mind to that all clear balls are near impossable to make in more then two or three weights.

How about one like the black widow spare but make the logos rise out of the inner core into the clear. They could make them in more weights, but the cost to make them would be a bit high.

Most Cost effective: Darkish purple pearl, orange pearl logo, Recon core.

Keep shooting out ideas everyone!!!

Mike

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1