MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: thinking about switching over to Motiv
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am 

So I'm thinking about switching over to Motiv from Lane 1. I'm a rev dominate bowler with speeds at the pins around 17mph. So if I was to pick up some Motiv balls what would be a great line up?

Post subject: Re: thinking about switching over to Motiv
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:51 pm 

It's almost like motiv balls were made for you! High rev players, seeking less over reaction do very well with motiv.
As for which balls.... that would depend on your competition level of play. What type of oil patterns do you bowl on? Wet/dry, Medium volume THS, Heavy THS, Dry THS, or Sport?

My stats seem to mirror yours pretty closely, so I will tell you what I have in my arsenal

Dry.... TX1
Typical House Shot- Medium oil volume: Qz1 Red, SR2 (Great Ball)
Typical House Shot- Heavy: GT1, or TR2 ( don't have one yet)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 pm 

SR2, QZ1 Red, SX1, GT1....... those would probably line up perfect to you.

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:09 pm 

Ok thanks guys.... will be talking to my ball driller and figuring it out. I was thinking the TR2 for sure then going from there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:37 pm 

TR2 is nice if you play in a lot of oil, ball hooks up like crazy

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:00 pm 

"thinking about switching over to Motiv" What's to think about? It's a no-brainer! Make the move, you will be glad you did. Excellent equipment, super people, and they're rolling plenty of honor scores. If you ball drill has not heard of Motiv, let us know. We will be glad to recommend layouts that may work well for you. Welcome to Motiv-nation !!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post subject: Re: Need some info
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 am 

I HAVE switched over to MOTIV, as the stuff is great. I currently have a TR2 and SR2 drilled identical. They work well for HEAVY oil. I also just drilled an SX1 which has a slightly different layout but rolls nearly the same as the SR2. I will be tweekeing the surface on one of them. Throw in a GT1 with the pin drilled below the fingers for some early read with mild back ends (the others are all pin up) and there you have it. I thought the SX1 would be tamer than it is but it has no issue making the turn in oil. Right now I am thinking something with a weaker cover with some surface is what I need. For those that have the QZ1 and TX1, how do they compare. Also, how do they compare to the SX1 and SR2?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:30 am 

Yeah Bob, my ball driller is the only 1 in the area that has them and we talked about it before but I was stubborn since I have been throwing Lane 1 since they started. Lane 1 is from my area and I bowl with the owner and others that work there. But as of late I haven't been matching up with their stuff. The only other stuff I was doing good with is the Frankie May from Visionary. But it is starting to die out. With the TR2 I was thinking drilling with pin under the ring finger and cg kicked out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 pm 

THe TR2 w/layout you mentioned will be smooth, heavy rolling. Mine drilled like that did not have a big 'pop' on the b/e. Drilled one stacked leverage, pin near ring finger w/wt. hole 2" down VAL. Had a stronger reaction off the pattern. However, w/o seeing you throw & knowing your stats it is difficult to make an accurate recommendation. I understand your situation if you bowl w/Lane #1 people. I have my thought but this is not the proper forum to express them. Never threw a Visionary ball so I cannot comment on them. They just are not popular in my area. However, like I said before, try a Motiv ball. I think you will be very impressed.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]